Replace Boxster with 60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

marshcat

SILVER Star
Threads
For the past five years I've had two cars in the garage. One is my '07 LX470. It gets me where I need to go comfortably, quietly, and reliably. Everything works like new. No noises, warning lights, or stories.

The other is an '03 Porsche Boxster with 240k miles. It's probably one of the highest mileage Boxsters in the country, and has been a great toy. AC is non-op, locks don't work, and dash shows a CEL for the evap system. But it's a blast on twisty roads and I love how mechanical and responsive it is to drive. I've done all my own repairs including dropping the transmission to replace the clutch and IMS bearing.

Daily driving a 100-series since 2016 has given me enormous enthusiasm for Land Cruisers and I find myself lusting after FJ60s when I see one of the street. And I can afford one! But the Boxster would need to go. Parking three cars would be a pain given my living situation. There's only space for one regular car and one toy. Which leads to my question - Have any of y'all recently replaced a different "toy" car with a 60? Are you pleased with your decision?

I replaced some hot wheels and lego toy cars with my 62

Nope. I just keep building carports. Tarp buildings. But I did sell my last '69 Mustang but only because keeping
it was gonna cost me my license sooner than later.

Bought my 60 when before I could even drive. I will not be replacing it with anything else soon I will sell all of my other toys before my 60 series.

For the past five years I've had two cars in the garage. One is my '07 LX470. It gets me where I need to go comfortably, quietly, and reliably. Everything works like new. No noises, warning lights, or stories.

The other is an '03 Porsche Boxster with 240k miles. It's probably one of the highest mileage Boxsters in the country, and has been a great toy. AC is non-op, locks don't work, and dash shows a CEL for the evap system. But it's a blast on twisty roads and I love how mechanical and responsive it is to drive. I've done all my own repairs including dropping the transmission to replace the clutch and IMS bearing.

Daily driving a 100-series since 2016 has given me enormous enthusiasm for Land Cruisers and I find myself lusting after FJ60s when I see one of the street. And I can afford one! But the Boxster would need to go. Parking three cars would be a pain given my living situation. There's only space for one regular car and one toy. Which leads to my question - Have any of y'all recently replaced a different "toy" car with a 60? Are you pleased with your decision?

i bet your 100 SERIES can't do this ....... :popcorn:

i bet nobody's
100 Series can touch this :lol:

My situation isn't exactly like yours but it's relevant enough to post.

I only drove modified and fast german sports cars (BMW N54 335's/ B8.5 Audi S4) before buying my 100 series ~6 years ago or so. I had the decision a little over a year ago that I wanted another vehicle and debated between another sports car or a 60. I decided to get the 60 and haven't looked back. I had a motorcycle I rode on track to get my speed itch but, even having recently sold it, I don't really lust for a sports car often enough to consider buying one. The 60 is something that I enjoy cause it's unique and not like other cars on the road. Yeah boxters are slowly going up in price but they'll always be available to get later if you decide you want to. 60s are getting fewer and fewer each year as we lose them to rust, wrecks, or immaculate restorations that only few can afford.

The experience of driving a 60 or 100 for that matter compared to any sort of sports car is vastly different and it's a personal choice if you think you'll miss the driving experience or not. One huge advantage of owning land cruisers is that I haven't had a single speeding ticket since owning them lol

I have an MR2, 4Runner and a recently bought 60. If one had to go it would be the MR2, as much fun as it is to drive and as good on gas at it is. I've had my 4Runner since I was 17, the MR2 I bought as a commuter after college, and have wanted a Land Cruiser since I was 16. Old 4x4's are fun, and to my mind, it's a joy that you can share with others much more easily (camping, off-roading, road tripping).

Okay I'm convinced! Now just need to find a good 60 for sale 😁
Go for it! There are also cool imported rigs, that come with lockers and TDs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom