Removing Fender Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am having some trouble getting the rusty hardware holding the turn signals on the front fenders to free up. They have been soaking in PB Blaster. I don't want to tear up the threads with vise-grips, and I would also prefer not to twist or bend the light buckets. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The lights are factory rounds on a 1967. I guess I am the first to ever try to remove them.

If you have to cut them off under the fender ( through the threaded shaft) , you can buy lamp hardware at Home Depot (hollow threaded tubes) and nuts and rebuild the light that way. Those round, '67 lights are still available from Toyota and are not terribly expensive. New lights sure dress up an older truck.

If the threads are long enough, Chase them and double nut the bottom and you might be able to start to loosen the main one. Turn, tighten and turn with the PB flowing.
Good luck.

I won't waste that much time trying to remove them. Like has been mentioned you can still get these new. But if you really want to save them you could get a small die grinder and cut the nut on both sides then take the nut of in two pieces. I have one of these old turn signals that looks like the nut is a lug nut. I'm guessing the same thread. I did do something like this to save the eye bolts for a old Land Cruiser pintle hook. But those aren't available new or easy to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom