Remote Start? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read that out 2010 LX570 has remote start capability but I can't seem to figure out how to make it work. Supposedly clicking the unlock on the remote twice or three times should do it but no luck.

Anyone know how to enable remote start?

pretty sure you just click the lock button twice and then on the third time hold it down, the rig will start right up! Then of course when the open the door the rig will shut right down:mad:

With my 2013 LC, it's the lock button. Click it twice, then hold it down the 3rd time until it fires up. It keeps the hazards flashing (I hate this) the whole time it's running on remote start.

The moment you press unlock or open a door with the keyless feature, it shuts down. (Weird also.)

Mine is an 08LC and it does it too. Press lock button three times and hold on the third press, as stated, and after a full 5 seconds it starts up. Pushing and holding the unlock button rolls my windows down and opens the sun roof.

My fob only unlocks. No fancy stuff. Guess I need to buy the tech stream controller. :(

I had it put on and I hate it. It shutting down when I open the doors is silly, but it now also shuts off when I step away with the key in my pocket. Example is if I step into the store for a soda with the family still in the car, I have to leave the key with them. It's just a bad system.

mine does not shut down if i walk away with the keys in my pocket:meh:

I tried all of your tips / instructions but our LX will not remote start. Looks like there is a remote start kit that is a dealer option which we will need. Has anyone installed this kit?

y'all read the Costco thread, right?...you can apparently drive pretty far without the fob... :doh:
I'm thinking the auto off thing is a security issue. Imagine its winter and you remote start to warm it up while you are still getting your coffee, in the house, then a bad guy comes by and says "wow look a LC running with no one in it...he opens the door and it shuts off....LC is safe

I hadn't thought of that. That does make sense.

y'all read the Costco thread, right?...you can apparently drive pretty far without the fob... :doh:
I'm thinking the auto off thing is a security issue. Imagine its winter and you remote start to warm it up while you are still getting your coffee, in the house, then a bad guy comes by and says "wow look a LC running with no one in it...he opens the door and it shuts off....LC is safe

OK ... how exactly does the bad guy get the door open? o_O

It's a factory toyota oversight. My 2012 Grand Cherokee has factory remote start. I start it remotely and the doors stay locked. I unlock it by the handle with my FOB in my pocket and it stays running. I can hop in but it's not shifting or moving until I touch the brake and hit the starter button. Then I can go on my merry way.
I would be interested to see if the vehicle could be operated if someone was locked in the vehicle while its started remotely. The reason I'm wondering is perhaps a savvy tech could disable the part of the process that cuts the engine when the door is opened.

they could have easily designed it so you have to have the fob to open the door and then also have the fob in the cab in order to put the truck in drive, not gonna give Toyota a pass on this one, I love my 200 but the remote start is just f'd up.. imo

they could have easily designed it so you have to have the fob to open the door and then also have the fob in the cab in order to put the truck in drive, not gonna give Toyota a pass on this one, I love my 200 but the remote start is just f'd up.. imo

Agree completely.

If you have one it will say it under the hood. After you open the hood look up and if you have it it will state this vehicle is equipped with remote start. I guess techs need to know this before the work on the engine?

The engineers could design it to do anything. However, they have to take liability concerns into account. Thus the starter we have.

Not really an issue to me. Doubt I will wear out the starter and the 2 seconds it takes to restart the vehicle really is not much of a concern either.

Now back to wondering why we can't get the diesel gulf spec stripper 200 with the manual transmission, cloth interior, and solid front axle.

Last edited:
I use the factory remote start. After the third light flash i release the lock button and a few seconds later the truck starts but the flashers do not continue to flash (this do flash for one second which confirms the truck understood the command). Perhaps this is something that could be set using the dealer's software but I think mine is untouched. Continuous flashing is a bit garish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom