Remote Start? (2 Viewers)

I have it doubt I will ever use it. Live in Austin and if I am ever where it is really cold I don't think it's good for a vehicle to do a cold startup and then idle for an extended period of time. Plus even though no one can breakin and steal it that does not mean some idiot would not try and breakin and damage my LX thinking they could steal it.

-25F this morning. Plugged in my LX last night just to cut back on the stress of a cold start. Hit the remote start when I started getting ready for work and the truck was toasty warm when I got in. WORTH IT! :)

It's 60 degrees this morning here in Austin. Pretty sure the beast is warmer then that out in the Garage ;). Just remember if it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger ;)

Hold NO idea my LX had this until I just tried the lock twice and hold down for 3 seconds and she started right up! AWESOME!

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
Yup, I realize this is an old thread.

Is it standard on 13 LCs. If so mine doesn't work just tried it

It is definitely not standard on the LCs. My '15 does not have it. But, I do have an aftermarket "CompuStar" one installed. It generally works the same, although now I have to carry 2 fobs if I want to use it. One big advantage is it has a much longer range, I can start the truck from across the street, and the remote will tell me if the engine is running.

...but it now also shuts off when I step away with the key in my pocket. Example is if I step into the store for a soda with the family still in the car, I have to leave the key with them.

This is not normal. I do this all the time, the truck shouldn't shut off.

If you have one it will say it under the hood. After you open the hood look up and if you have it it will state this vehicle is equipped with remote start. I guess techs need to know this before the work on the engine?

Yes, there should be a warning sticker under the hood somewhere, usually right next to the hood latch.

Rarely use it in San Diego. But when on vacation, I use it in extreme hot or extreme cold to pre-run the HVAC.

I've also used it when in my travel trailer when using my inverter. Starts the car and gives a nice extra boost to the batts to run the microwave or coffee maker.

My new-to-me '13 has it...found out when messing with the remote buttons and of course the motor shut off when I opened the door. Then I couldn't find anything in the owners manual about it and thought something was broken. Doh...great feature even if it shuts the motor down when you get in the car.

KLF

Frame waxer
SILVER Star
Question about the OEM remote start: I discovered the other day that when I remote start with my CompuStar system, that if I open the rear hatch (which unlocks all the doors) that the engine keeps running. But, when I open any of the entry doors, the engine quits. Wondering if the factory system does this? Just curious.

Also wondering what would happen if I crawled into the truck through the hatch, got behind the wheel and tried to drive away, even if I had the fob in my pocket. Not that it is practical, again just curious.

musthave

Desert Dune Offroad
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom