RedArc Tow Pro Brake Controller (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Which model number tow pro brake controller do I need for a 2016+ 200 series LC? Also, does it come with the remote control knob or is that a separate piece?

You can run whatever one you want.

I have the Redarc tow pro elite. The control comes with it, but the switch blank to make it plug and play is a separate part.

You can either buy a plug and play harness, or splice into the Toyota pigtail (they come with the vehicle). I spliced, soldered and heat shrunk my wires.

331-ebrh-accv2_3_tn.jpg

Redarc Tow-Pro Elite Trailer Brake Controller - 1 to 3 Axles - Proportional

ITEM # 331-EBRH-ACCV2

Demo-Redarc-Brake-Controller-331-EBRH-ACCV2_150.jpg

331-tpsi-002_2_tn.jpg

Mounting Panel for Redarc Tow-Pro Trailer Brake Controller Control Knob

ITEM # 331-TPSI-002

The only thing I can add to what Charlie said is that I tried to splice the wires, failed (its was something I had to learn and maybe I was doing it wrong) so I bought the plug and play harness which worked great and was much simpler and cleaner. If you are experienced at splicing it should be easy. I was/am not.

FWIW, if you can solder, this is a quick project.

Here is a snapshot of the wire pairings:
image.jpg

Redarc harness to stock harness: Red to green with yellow tracer. Blue to yellow. Black to black. White to white with black tracer.

Note that the green wire with sliver dotted tracer is not connected to anything.

FWIW, if you can solder, this is a quick project.

Here is a snapshot of the wire pairings:
View attachment 2543190
Redarc harness to stock harness: Red to green with yellow tracer. Blue to yellow. Black to black. White to white with black tracer.

Note that the green wire with sliver dotted tracer is not connected to anything.
Another view. I shortened the wires up a bit.

E8C23DFD-6E9B-4C11-8CE6-3F5C1BAF5B46.jpeg

Do a quick search here on mud and you'll find good info. I used industrial strength Velcro to attach it to another ECU under the dash.

I found a video on Youtube showing an install. I like how he double side taped the control box to the ecu directly behind the left side switch panel (could just as easily be zip tied as well). I would like to mount the switch in the blank on the right side of the steering wheel so that it's in the more traditional controller location but being that it isn't a slide switch I guess it isn't as important. I also plan to mount the Switch Pros on that side so it's best that it's not covered up by that either.

The knob will actuate the brakes when you press it in, so that location in the switch panel by the right knee bolster is actually a very good place for the control knob.

C7AABA10-2C96-4E44-B12F-AD32C8E62A41.jpeg

i cant seem to find the plug and play harness for the 200 series. Does anyone have the part number or link for the tow pro elite pnp harness to 200 series?

This may be the SQOD but I decided to go with the Redarc tow pro elite based on the posts..... but I see no option for a 2019 LX570. Am I missing something?

If you want the little switch plate it screws into so it looks factory, that’s vehicle specific. I can dig up the part you need but it’s readily available.

[/URL]
I’ll never turn down a free part number from a knowledgeable member

i cant seem to find the plug and play harness for the 200 series. Does anyone have the part number or link for the tow pro elite pnp harness to 200 series?

Here is page 9 from a prior discussion of this topic. As you scroll down you will see the plug and play harness that Redarc told me to get. I got it from eTrailer.

Has anyone mounted the remote to the right side of the steering wheel? That would be the more traditional spot for a brake controller to naturally use your right hand to adjust it while driving/braking. If so, where did you mount the control box under the dash? I have seen it mounted to the ECU when running it on the left side of the steering wheel but without tearing everything apart just yet I am not sure if the harness will reach that far for a right side remote.

Harness to switch is plenty long enough for mounting on either side of steering column. You can utilize the same placement.
Great news, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom