RedArc BCDC help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well I did charge the aux battery to 88% 12.5v and connected everything back up and still flashing A meaning still in standby mode. Any other suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated I’m all ears.

Are your crimps good on the cables? Can you simplify the system and test it section by section?

Well I did charge the aux battery to 88% 12.5v and connected everything back up and still flashing A meaning still in standby mode. Any other suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated I’m all ears.
What is the voltage coming in on the red wire from the starter battery?
It best to probe the wire to message the voltage as close to the bcdc as possible.

Should not matter it the aux battery is charged or not, as soon as the main battery is over 12.7v (red wire), the Redarc1225 will start charging the aux battery (brown wire) using the profile selected (A). The charge profile light will stay solid as soon as the LC is running... Only need 3 wires to made th DC-DC charger work (Red, Black and Brown) leave orange, blue and yellow disconnected.

See my post #8.

Should not matter it the aux battery is charged or not, as soon as the main battery is over 12.7v (red wire), the Redarc1225 will start charging the aux battery (brown wire) using the profile selected (A). The charge profile light will stay solid as soon as the LC is running... Only need 3 wires to made th DC-DC charger work (Red, Black and Brown) leave orange, blue and yellow disconnected.

See my post #8.
@grinchy no crimp cables and I have not tested each section yet.

@100kiwi yes my plan is to test voltage from the starter battery. At crank when truck is running on the dash it’s showing a little under 14v.

@NITC I did see you post and I did recheck all the wiring orange, yellow, and blue are not connected and they are capped off so they are not touching at all. I will try to post pics or a video soon and I even messaged the mud member that I recently purchased from to ask about any issues? I’m just totally lost as to why something so simple can be so hard lol😅

Thank you all again for your help.

@100kiwi yes my plan is to test voltage from the starter battery. At crank when truck is running on the dash it’s showing a little under 14v.

@NITC I did see you post and I did recheck all the wiring orange, yellow, and blue are not connected and they are capped off so they are not touching at all. I will try to post pics or a video soon and I even messaged the mud member that I recently purchased from to ask about any issues? I’m just totally lost as to why something so simple can be so hard lol😅

There should be some fuses between the start battery and the BCDC, have you checked them to make sure they are good?

One last thought, Are both batteries and the redarc 1225 grounded to the vehicle ground?

One last thought, Are both batteries and the redarc 1225 grounded to the vehicle ground?
You'll want to check right at the BCDC by probing the red wire. Testing at the starter battery won't tell you the voltage reaching the BCDC. I ran into this a while back and found a bad cable/connector like this
Also you can ground the blue wire to eliminate any stray voltage.
You need to see 13.2v to turn it on

Last edited:
There should be some fuses between the start battery and the BCDC, have you checked them to make sure they are good?
Yes I just had ordered the fuse kit from Redarc and installed them per instructions they are brand new 50amp fuses on both ends.

I was actually thinking about this I do have the black wire running to the aux battery do I need another wire coming off the aux battery as a ground?

I’m suppose to meet up with a member from here this weekend hopefully to see how his is setup and maybe 🤔 can see what’s going on with mine.

You'll want to check right at the BCDC by probing the red wire. Testing at the starter battery won't tell you the voltage reaching the BCDC. I ran into this a while back and found a bad cable/connector like this
Also you can ground the blue wire to eliminate any stray voltage.
You need to see 13.2v to turn it on
13.2v from the aux battery?? When I charged it last it did show 12.5 at 88%.

I still have warranty from Autozone so I may just go swap it out for a new one and try it again.

13.2v from the aux battery?? When I charged it last it did show 12.5 at 88%.

I still have warranty from Autozone so I may just go swap it out for a new one and try it again.
No, 13.2 or more from the starter battery when the vehicle is running. This will turn the BCDC on and start the charging of the aux battery

I was actually thinking about this I do have the black wire running to the aux battery do I need another wire coming off the aux battery as a ground?

I’m suppose to meet up with a member from here this weekend hopefully to see how his is setup and maybe 🤔 can see what’s going on with mine.
Yes, otherwise the 1225 will not be able to charge without a complete circuit.

@NITC thank you 😇 the aux battery was not grounded rookie move on behalf. Once I had a proper ground flashing stopped and all lights are now solid. Thank you all for your help and support. Just finished wrapping everything up and putting everything back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom