Recommendations on Cordless Impact Driver (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any advice on a powerful, cordless impact driver? It would be my only impact driver for a while, so I probably want to start with a 1/2 inch drive? Unless there’s a 3/8” strong enough?

I want something I can get lug nuts off with, separate 80 series hubs from discs with, etc.

x2 on the Milwaukee. Good ecosystem of 18v tools. A lot less than Snapon but just as good in my opinion. I have a 3/8 Snapon impact which was good for a long time but the brushless Milwaukee owns it.

The 3/8 can probably loose lug nuts up to 90 lbs/ft and not much more. The problem with the 1/2 is it's so big it's hard to get in places where you might want to use it like caliper bolt and such. It's pretty heavy too. The 3/8 with the thin battery is much lighter and obviously a lot smaller.

Last edited:
A bonus is the chargers can do both m12 and m18 batteries. M12 has some really cool ratchets. I only have the first gen ratchet with the brush motor, but it's definitely a favorite for engine covers and things where you don't get much space to turn the ratchet.

I have an older snap on one that I'd be willing to sell - but you're gonna need to replace the batteries on it.

I upgraded to a milwaukee that takes the same batteries as the rest of my cordless tools (well, except for the nailers)

bk

I'll 83rd Milwaukee. I've got a ton of their 12-18 volt stuff. Got Crash the 18volt 3/8" last year and it smokes my Matco one. I'll be getting the 3/8", 1/2, and 3/4" for my self one of these days.

Ah, this is good to hear. I just ordered the Milwaukee 18 volt Mid Torque 3/8” a couple hours ago.

Late to the party, but I'll vote for Milwaukee here as well. I love my 3/8" electric ratchet.

As mentioned before, if your going to spend big, pick a brand and stick with it. I married the Dewalt tools (batteries really) years ago. I got the biggest 1/2 lipo driver they offer. It still wouldn't break the lower strut bolts in the project honda element in the driveway ut neither would my buddies air driven snapon. A sawzall did the trick, also Dewalt lipo. It did remove the painted on lugs from a HMMUV and everything else I've asked of it.

I have a porter cable impact. I went with them because I already had their drill and reciprocating saw. Ive been pretty happy with it. it has lots of power and the battery lasts quite a while. I also have a air impact but since i got the battery powered one I almost never use it. It lives in the back of the LC and its come in handy in the woods a couple of times (mostly to work on other people stuff).

I think I paid $40 for just the tool, no battery.

The Milwaukee mid-torque just made quick work of rusted, 24mm head suspension bolts. I couldn’t be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom