Recommendations for rotary laser level (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings,

Looking for some recommendations for an outdoor rotary laser level. I will be using it to do some drainage work, laying a patio and stone walkway. Although I have used the old string level and some math in the past for projects my neighbor let me borrow his Hilti rotary laser level for a drainage project I did last year. How much easier the job was with that laser lever!

So what brand do you have or recommend? I see there are many on the market and the price range varies widely. One thing that I think could be of value would be a green laser beam instead of red. The green laser may be more visible? I would need a tripod and a Aluminum grade rod as well. I will be using it for my own projects and not commercially but still would like a good quality product.

Thanks for any recommendations or feedback
Sean

I saw a lot of reviews on YT for laser levels. Bosch has some that seemed fine and recommended.
IIRC, in general there were some important things to watch out for having to do with power, maybe having to do with visible enough vs using the sensors, not sure.

After a lot of reading I ended up calling Johnson customer support for recommendations. I needed something simple and not overly expensive. I mentioned about the green laser and they told me that it really was not worth the extra money for what I would be doing outside. They recommended a Johnson 99-027K kit, includes, rotary laser, tripod and grade rod and case for about $500 from Amazon. That was the best bang for the buck. Will see how it does.

I recently discovered how to make a water level. I used it to level up furring strips while finishing the ceiling room in my basement. It can be used for a patio, footing or leveling any horizontal surface. Poor man's laser level.

Never used one of those laser levels but from the reviews I watched on YT, it does seem like some of the beams are pretty wide and faint not too far from the device. Is it easy enough to locate well enough the "center" of the beam by sight during daylight outside or is an electronic sensor really advisable?

I use a bosch laser level...forget the model, but it's been a tremendous help many times. In bright sun, it's challenging to see the thin red beam, but for indoor work, it can't be beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom