Reckon it just weren't my time to die ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I slid down the road at about 160 MPH on my Hayabusa. If I did not have a lid on I would be dead. The road rash was every where and deep. As soon as I was able I got on a bike (with a new $700 lid) and with in 50 feet had the front weel looking at the ski. Was I afrad YES but I got it out of the way. Till this day I do not know why I went down. The pain goes away and life goes on. You lived to tell the tale, the hard part is over. Good luck on the recovery.:beer:

So here I sit.

In a corporate rental apartment in Mobile, Alabama ... on doctor's orders not to travel out of town. State law says can't drive with a neck brace ... so can't travel at all without a chauffeur. Been 10 days since got outta the hospital, 23 days since I hit the tree.

Went to the plastic surgeon this past Thursday for my first follow-up. He seemed to think all was well so far and he yanked, somewhat painfully, the stitches outta my face. All the swellin' is long gone and the three small scars around my eyes where they went in to install the plates are pretty much hidden behind my glasses. Handsome as ever!

On Friday, exactly 3 weeks after the wreck, I finally got the insurance check to fix the scooter and got the Harley shop squared away to fix 'er good as new. 65 hun'erd bucks. They say gonna be 4 to 5 friggin' weeks just to get the parts. Worth the wait ... she's a real purdy bike. While I was in the Harley shop, I bought me a new helmet and gloves to replace the blood-soaked ones I had to throw away. Also bought me another shirt to replace the one the paramedics cut off me. So soon as me and the scooter are fixed up ... I'm ready to ride.

So now what?

On 11 August, I go to see my neck surgeon. He's gonna take some x-rays and tell me what I got. I'm REALLY hopin' that'll be the end of this dam neck brace. Gotta wait and see though.

On 12 August, I go see my plastic surgeon again. Might be able to get some of the wirin' outta my mouth. Gotta wait and see though.

Then I reckon I'm gonna have to see somebody 'bout fixin' up what's left of my teeth.

But all-in-all, I'm in great shape and high spirits. My bosses are the best and told me not to worry 'bout nothin' and just to get healed up. They're continuin' to cover all my expenses here.

No ... this ain't the end of the story. The story is my life and it'll continue on as long as I'm still breathin'.

I would like to thank all those that showed concern for my well bein', took some time to hold me in your thoughts, and even prayed to whatever Gods y'all believe in.

I don't know what lies ahead ... what my Fate shall be in the future. I'll just continue tryin' to fulfill my destiny, whatever that might be.

One thang that is damned evident though ... hittin' a fallin' tree on SR181 in Southern Alabama ridin' my Harley on the second night of July ...

just weren't my time to die.

:flamingo:

So here I sit.

In a corporate rental apartment in Mobile, Alabama ... on doctor's orders not to travel out of town. State law says can't drive with a neck brace ... so can't travel at all without a chauffeur. Been 10 days since got outta the hospital, 23 days since I hit the tree.

Went to the plastic surgeon this past Thursday for my first follow-up. He seemed to think all was well so far and he yanked, somewhat painfully, the stitches outta my face. All the swellin' is long gone and the three small scars around my eyes where they went in to install the plates are pretty much hidden behind my glasses. Handsome as ever!

On Friday, exactly 3 weeks after the wreck, I finally got the insurance check to fix the scooter and got the Harley shop squared away to fix 'er good as new. 65 hun'erd bucks. They say gonna be 4 to 5 friggin' weeks just to get the parts. Worth the wait ... she's a real purdy bike. While I was in the Harley shop, I bought me a new helmet and gloves to replace the blood-soaked ones I had to throw away. Also bought me another shirt to replace the one the paramedics cut off me. So soon as me and the scooter are fixed up ... I'm ready to ride.

So now what?

On 11 August, I go to see my neck surgeon. He's gonna take some x-rays and tell me what I got. I'm REALLY hopin' that'll be the end of this dam neck brace. Gotta wait and see though.

On 12 August, I go see my plastic surgeon again. Might be able to get some of the wirin' outta my mouth. Gotta wait and see though.

Then I reckon I'm gonna have to see somebody 'bout fixin' up what's left of my teeth.

But all-in-all, I'm in great shape and high spirits. My bosses are the best and told me not to worry 'bout nothin' and just to get healed up. They're continuin' to cover all my expenses here.

No ... this ain't the end of the story. The story is my life and it'll continue on as long as I'm still breathin'.

I would like to thank all those that showed concern for my well bein', took some time to hold me in your thoughts, and even prayed to whatever Gods y'all believe in.

I don't know what lies ahead ... what my Fate shall be in the future. I'll just continue tryin' to fulfill my destiny, whatever that might be.

One thang that is damned evident though ... hittin' a fallin' tree on SR181 in Southern Alabama ridin' my Harley on the second night of July ...

just weren't my time to die.

A) I'm happy to hear that things are progressing well and the healing process is taking it's course.
B) I don't know what you do or who you work for, but damned well need to stick to them like a wart! That's a hell of an employer to do what they're doin', especially considering it (likely) has nothing to do with work.:clap::clap:to you bosses!:cheers:
C) You ever thought of writing as a part time avocatioon?

This thing could be a short story. Hell, I havn't been able to NOT follow it along:beer:
Great writing my friend.

Gordon

Good to hear your in good spirits!

When you look into getting dental work done, ask about implants. It's more expensive, but as close to permanent teeth as you can get. The technology and quality in this area is phenomenal.

Phil

Good to hear your in good spirits!

When you look into getting dental work done, ask about implants. It's more expensive, but as close to permanent teeth as you can get. The technology and quality in this area is phenomenal.

Phil

Ditto on the implants.. I got one after they pulled one of my molars (no way I was going thru my life missing any of my darn teeth / it's a vanity thing!!)... Yes expensive but definitely worth it... Hopefully your insurance will cover most...

Glad to hear you are doing much, much better!!

Susan/Chris :cheers:

Mr. President I am glad you're getting better!:bounce: :bounce2:

I'll call Loui for some advice on your teeth, he's a Dental Assistant.
He should know how to put them teeth back!

So what kind of teeth we're going for?

...gold like the brothers or silver teeth like the Mexican Mafia:hillbilly:

I say he get some wooden teeth! Yall got them in Mexico?

Glad to hear you're doing better 'poke. Get well soon so we can wheel.

from his earlier post, he said the HD shop is gonna fix his up as good as new:clap:

OK, you must be a cop so I'll make easy for you to follow along. Kowboy has indeed said that he is going to get the scooter fixed, Charles asked if he is going to wheel again, as in: Is Kowboy ever going to WHEEL (as in come to an event and participate and partake in driving our beloved 4 WHEELED vehicles over varied and often rugged terrain and inbibing in adult beverages) instead of just riding that damned scooter all over the place. Butch then replied asking if Charles was going to get a bike so that he could wheel with Kowboy since Kowboy is riding more than wheeling. Now if a simple Fireman like myself can follow along surely a brother in blue can as well. Or you could just go block some traffic while we get to work!!!

:grinpimp:

:flipoff2:

Fireman,
Be nice. Off Duty is still new.....

LOL
Nick

Wow! no idea this happened until just now. Glad to see you are mending up. We're not too far from you so let me know if you need anything, seriously.

Next door neighbor Wednesday night was havin' a helluva time. Room was empty as they rolled me down to surgery Thursday mornin'. Learned real quick, that one way or the other, a Fella don't stay long on the 8th floor ICU at The University of Southern Alabama Hospital Trauma Center in Mobile, Ala-dam-bama.

I spent three - 6 week stays in ICU first then neuro-ICU. The hardest part was watching the amount of people not leaving the way they came in.... in Ala-dam-bama!

Somebody's pullin' on my toe. Why is somebody pullin' on my toe? I'm awake I think. Can't see anythang but a blur out the slit of my right eye. Left eye's swollen all the way shut. Can't talk. I hear a voice ... "Do you know where you are?" Hell no. Goodnight.

Here we go with the toe again. Same question. Still can't see but try to talk. This time I answer out loud "Hell no". Next question ... "You ready to go home now?" You gotta be s***tin' me. Goodnight.

Workers in the surgery recovery area should have to go through anesthesia one a month just so they know how it feels to be on the other side of this... They really get pissed at you.

Take it slow, your body will heal slower than your mind will, that's the best advise anyone can give ya. Offroading does heal both too... Hope to see ya around the campfire soon. let me know if you need anything, got alot of folks in Mobile that I know.

Good to see some activity on the ol' forum. :cheers:

Yesterday was a big, BIG day on my journey back to "normalcy".

Done took the last of my meds over the weekend ... meds which couldn't be mixed with alcohol. :eek:

So yesterday, bribed one of the Fellas from work to come fetch me and tote me down to the local waterin' hole. Had me my first beer in 24 days. :clap::beer::clap:

Went down so good ... had me another. And another ... and another ...

Does this mean I can stop drinking for ya? 'cause I'm outta money and my liver hurt ;)

Glad to hear you're able to imbibe again

Done took the last of my meds over the weekend ... meds which couldn't be mixed with alcohol. :eek:

So yesterday, bribed one of the Fellas from work to come fetch me and tote me down to the local waterin' hole. Had me my first beer in 24 days. :clap::beer::clap:

I was thinking about you while I was cleaning a carb today, and I reckoned that THAAAAAT had to be the hardest part of the ordeal..........NO BEER! Kinda like your own personal form of purgatory. Reckon that has some bearing on all this writing sheit as well. So now we'll see how the healing REALLY goes!

:cheers:

Does this mean I can stop drinking for ya? 'cause I'm outta money and my liver hurt ;)
We can tell,,,,at least those of us that can see deleted messages........WTF??:D:D

i understand not being cheap. i was more than happy to pony up the $250 or whatever it was for the rear window rubber and i'll pony up the $220 for the cargo rubbers eventually. but to have to spend twice that on the tiny wing window rubbers only to hear that other rubber from the same vendor is turning bad in six months? well, i'm way beyond apprehensive. for the price, i will find something else that works. if they were a couple hundred and there weren't issues with quality, that would be another story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom