SOLD Rebuilt 350 4bolt main engine in SoCal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
[Sorry if this is a repost. I tried searching to see if I'd posted this some years back, but couldn't find anything]

Up for sale is a rebuilt long block 4bolt main 350 engine that was original to my Fed-spec 1976 Chevy Blazer LT. It is a truck block 4 bolt main, which they told me was a stronger block than a car block. Back in the '90s I got a screaming deal from my machine shop on a '67RS engine from a Camaro, which is currently in the truck.

After seeing @whitey45 big green truck on the 'Con in 2004, I sent this block out to be rebuilt, thinking I would drop it in my HJ45 and join Whitey, Georg, dogwalker and @RustyNailJustin in the 'big' truck crowd. Well, I never did that engine swap, and I sold the HJ a few years later. So here it sits. Complete with Edelbrock performer manifold, 202 heads, blah, blah, blah.

One of the reasons I thought the engine had value was that it was a Fed-Spec'd light duty TRUCK engine from a 1976. As I understood the smog laws, swaps had to be same-year-or-newer and had to be same weight class, meaning no more car engines in trucks.

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE CURRENT MARKET IS for rebuilt gasser engines these days. Seems like all I see on the forums are FI swaps. So I could use some educating on price as well. It's not a Heche En Mehico crate motor; it's the real deal, rebuilt by Eddings Engine in San Fernando.

$1400obo. No Shipping.

I also have a pair of ramshorn manifolds I bought for the swap but never installed. Might include them.

I'm thinking smog should not be an issue because newer rigs will need a newer motor than yours to be legal, and older rigs are no longer a smog issue.

Lots of views, not so many comments.

197 views. How about some feedback.

Mark, whats happened with the value of your typical sbc is you can go buy ls 5.3 complete take outs for $700. That and they made a b zillion sbc's. I have half a dozen sbc engines and picked them up cheap over the years, even a zz4 for $500! The value is there for the right person who wants an old school, built correct, vintage truck block. Its way better than a hecho crate engine! Glws

Thanks for the input Brian. Maybe you have some idea on what my trailer is worth too?

Bump cause I'm looking at it.

Bump cause I don't want to have to move it twice.

Bump for a '76 owner.

So, I'm at the warehouse at o' dark thirty trying to put trash cans under the holes in the roof and get some engine id info for a potential buyer.

I got the casting number off the back, no problem. The websites I searched say engine id is on pass front above timing cover. That part of my block deck is smooth and number-free. Am I missing something ?

If I recall correctly, the vin stamping is on the same surface as the block deck and gets wiped off when the deck is milled. Block numbers should give enough info for a prospective buyer. Head castings will help also to confirm valve size.

What are the block numbers btw? (I think I still have my old chevy bible)

The block was decked, no big deal for a 76 truck, but becomes real important for a numbers matching muscle car as the vin was stamped on the front pad along with an engine suffix. You already know its a 76 truck block( probably high nickel) aka real steal. Rear casting numbers will help, but can point to many different applications and years. Its probably an 010 block. Mortec is a great website for casting numbers.

The casting number does not look to be definitive. 3970010. I don't know if a smog ref would accept an affidavit from me.

Mark, there is a casting date on the rear drivers side flange ahead of the bellhousing. Not sure why smog would matter? Unless its going back in a 76? As long as all the smog control is there, year of the engine shouldnt matter.

Brian, I've got an interested buyer that wants to put it in a '76 LC. As I have said elsewhere, my K5 is a 49 state truck, so that block SHOULD be emissions exempt (only PCV and TAC)

Problem is it will need whatever the cruiser came with regardless if its a fed engine. Air injection and egr

Engine has been sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom