Rear window falls down (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When the rear window (passenger side if it matters) is rolled down it occasionally falls to the bottom of the door. I take the door panel off, pop the wheel back into the track, roll the window up, and ask my 4 year old son not to roll it down again. Of course he waits until we’re deep into Baja, getting ready to stop for lunch, and “POP” he rolls it down. Take the door panel off, pop wheel back in, roll up window, go to lunch.

Is there a stopper or clip or something that is supposed to be on the end of the track that scissors the window up and down? Doesn’t look to me like anything is missing. It’s the wheel/track assembly toward the rear of the door, near the latch.

It’s an electric window on a 94 FZJ80

Thanks, Flatlander

You need to replace the window regulator, there is no way to adequately repair it.

69803-60010, list $68.33

I have one in stock ;)

D-

Whoa, whoa...for .30 cents you can fix it too! Get a zinc plated right angle usually come in 1"x1" at Ace. Use this as a stop on the track, adjust the window to where it is about to fall out and PC7 or epoxy the bracket to the backside of the track, just enough that it dosent fall out or too tight that it will bind. Dremel or hacksaw the access length. But this works well on my 94 and is a easy CHEAP fix.

Chris
94LC

When the rear window (passenger side if it matters) is rolled down it occasionally falls to the bottom of the door. I take the door panel off, pop the wheel back into the track, roll the window up,
Flatlander, I have the same problem with the 92 (same window too)The thing to look for is if the track on the bottem of the glass has slipped some . Mine has and when the window is about half way down (when the regulator is at its widest) one of the wheels on it pops past the end. I was able to see that the track has moved on the glass by the smear left from the glue and how far its moved . The amount is under a inch but enough to come off track . My fix so far has been not to any little ones :D but one day I'll fix it right ::)

I had that...PO had tinted windows and they remounted the glass in the track at the wrong measurement.

I relocated the track (I can't recall how I got it to move) and put it back in...never had a problem since.

I did the same thing as Dan K. Sometimes the window track "slides" horizontally on the window, causing the roller to fall out of the channel when the window is rolled down. I just tapped the track back onto the proper position and it works great.

-H-

Thanks for all the input. Just to let you know how it turned out. I took the door panel off, and peeled back the vapor barrier. Removed three of the regulator screws and worked the window off the track. Next I called my neighbor over so I whould have someone to blame if anything went wrong. We used a wood stick and hammered, yes hammered, the piece attached the bottom of the window far enough back into to place so everything fit properly again. Popped the window back on the track and I’m in business.

Thanks to all you guys for your help too!

Flatlander

Excelent... :D

I believe I mis-understood your problem. What I was refering to was when the nylon roller pops off of the metal stud in the regulator arm. That is the tough one to fix................ :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom