Rear tailgate lock problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, new owner of a 2000 Land Cruiser and so far I’m absolutely loving it as my ski car here in Montana. There’s a couple small problems with the car including my electric locks do not work with my key button, which isn’t the biggest problem (but one id like the fix down the line if possible). I have been using my key to unlock my driver door. Yet my key seems to not be able to turn counter clockwise to unlock the rear tailgate (I am able to turn the key to lock the tailgate). As a skier I’m constantly loading gear in and out and don’t want to have to climb through my cruiser to unlock the rear tailgate from the inside with ski boots on.
If anyone has any ideas on what this could be I’d appreciate any insight you could give me.

2347A53D-B146-4CB6-BE50-0C5C47EBEDF4.jpeg

984E0C28-F396-4EBB-A3B3-3384D93232D9.jpeg

Congrats and welcome!

Do your power door locks work if you use the master switch on the driver door? It could be the door lock timer.

Also consider spraying some wd40 in the trunk lock keyhole and see if that helps at all.

Congrats and welcome!

Do your power door locks work if you use the master switch on the driver door? It could be the door lock timer.

Also consider spraying some wd40 in the trunk lock keyhole and see if that helps at all.

Drivers door seem to unlock driver passenger door. Passenger door seems to unlock rear passenger and tailgate. I have found that to not be every time and sometimes both driver and passenger door unlock only themselves.

Drivers door seem to unlock driver passenger door. Passenger door seems to unlock rear passenger and tailgate. I have found that to not be every time and sometimes both driver and passenger door unlock only themselves.

Also check to see if your tailgate lock is only halfway opening and getting stuck. You can try opening the hatch lock cover too and spray some lube in the mechanism. Sounds like you may have a couple different issues if your door switches don’t unlock all the doors, and your key doesn’t unlock it (some lube should help that part).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom