Rear Sill on eBay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ive seen it before now it is nowhere to be found.

Does anyone know who sells these (see picture)? Thsi picture was actually taken from the eBay listing a longtime ago.

I believe the picture of the circled object is the one Im looking for.

It wasnt the whole sill but just a piece of 16 guage metal with 3 steps....

Does anyone have any experience installing one like in the picture?
86_1.jpg
IMG00081.jpg

looks like a ccot rear sill. You need to install that silver piece. That should create the lip for your amby doors.

You are with me right?

The weatherstripping will fit REALLY tight when those amby doors are closed, so once you get to that stage, leave em closed as long as possible.

Nope..

Im sure it is not CCOT. It was some vendor on Ebay. The piece fits over existing sill then would be tacked in place.

It did not have the corner pieces or a 2x2 type support.

Thanks though...:)

Im sure it is not CCOT. It was some vendor on Ebay. The piece fits over existing sill then would be tacked in place.

It did not have the corner pieces or a 2x2 type support.

Thanks though...:)

You may want to tack in that lip not permanent. Fit your amby doors perfect, then put that lip in permanent IMHO.

The seller's id is "edntreen", but I have not seen any of the sills for a while on there. I am looking for one also...

That's the ebay ID. Last three sill replacements were selling for ~30 bucks. I think they were selling around $65 quite a while ago. I saved the seller for future reference, but have not seen anything now that I am looking for one.:bang:

Bought one Jan 2007. Seller id: "4severe".

PM'd you contact info.

BTW, I didn't use it & resold it later. Didn't like that the amby door striker wasn't recessed like stock. Small detail. It was real nice otherwise. heavy gauge steel.

I still have one the PO didn't use. I had to replace the whole sill channel and went with the ccot unit. I'll let it go for a fair price.

Bought one Jan 2007. Seller id: "4severe".

PM'd you contact info.

BTW, I didn't use it & resold it later. Didn't like that the amby door striker wasn't recessed like stock. Small detail. It was real nice otherwise. heavy gauge steel.

That'd be me. I still have one left. No, the striker isn't recessed. Believe me, with the size of the available opening, it was never a problem. My supplier ran out of time to make them when the oilfield got busy...now, who knows? It duplicates the outer skin from 75-83.

I also have three or four that duplicate the outer skin for earlier models.

Iron Pig Off Road owns Heritage Steel and they make the replacement sheet metal as well.

The heritage piece is much more complete than the one I offered. Last one I used didn't fit well, but I knew there would be fabrication involved. Worked out fine in the end.

That'd be me. I still have one left. No, the striker isn't recessed. Believe me, with the size of the available opening, it was never a problem. My supplier ran out of time to make them when the oilfield got busy...now, who knows? It duplicates the outer skin from 75-83.

I also have three or four that duplicate the outer skin for earlier models.

You got any for an '81 currently available?

I sent you a PM

That pic you used and circled is my FJ and that is a CCOT that i purchased. The CCOT cost considerably more than the Ebay ones that I too had looked at but the ebays didnt have the extra stamping for the bottom latch (ambulance doors) nor did most of them even have that second bend in them that you see in both the picture of the blue fj or mine you circled. They were just square. I am certain they would work just fine by being square but i ????? the missing indention for the latch. I will say my CCOT fit like an absolute glove pending how you cut it out....... I just hope you dont find what I did behind yours or you will be on to the next project.. :D

Good luck and hit me up again PM if you have any questions

Also you might want to measure the gap from the bottom of your tubs rear door opening and then again from the top of your tubs door opening (should be the same) and then before you weld the new one in do it again as you may need to use a ratchet strap to pull the top back in slighlty. Mine was bad but i had to remove the entire rear support.....

I get it now....

CCOT carries a complete Rear Sill for $380 and a Rear Body Sill Channel for $167 (shown below)

I didn't realize they sold this 2 different ways.

Still pretty expensive either way.
coolfj40_2042_194715256.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom