Rear power windows HJ61 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had the problem of sticky rear windows on their hj61? Mine seem to be sticking to the rubber runners on the frame making them really hard to lower and raise. If so how have you guys fixed the problem. Cheers

Silicone Spray on the tracks made a big difference for me. But I suspect that some of the wiring may need some connections cleaned as well.

I took my windows right out, cleaned the rubber with soap and water and then lubed with silicone spray. They worked well for a few months but got sticky again.

I'm wondering if it is the rubber getting old? Does anyone know if you can get new replacements for the rubbers?

Funny timing.

I just did a service on Petra's HJ61 yesterday, and she complained of the all windows (cept the drivers) being very sticky. To the point that the rear two would only go 1/2 way, and that it started a few weeks after it had been rust proofed. I thought it might had something to do with the wax oils I sprayed/misted into the door cavities.

I've got some silcone paste. I'll give that a try and see if it helps before pulling the panels and checking connections.

I used the silicone paste on my BJ74 drivers tracks last year, as it was pulling the track out the top when lowering the window. A few days after application it was great, and has been ever since.

It is a GM silicone paste, available at the dealer for just this purpose. Burger, this paste is intended to renew and extend service life.

gb

Cool greg I will look into this paste.

Kewl - thanks for the post and a solution for this wee problem.... Will bring the truck by Greg, and have it sprayed.....

BTW - Happy New Year....

Same problem here. I had to urethtane the window into the mount, because it had pulled apart. :frown:

H'mmm do I detect a reoccuring problem?

Just did Petra's windows and it has helped. I think I will have to remove the tracks to do a complete job, however they are working better (parking lot job). Will see how long this lasts.

Here is the paste. It has an applicator as part of the cap. I used Q-tips as well, to work it onto the track, putting it on fairly thick and letting it soak in for a bit.

hth's

gb
Silicone Emulsion.jpg

I just took apart Petra's master door lock switch today, as it was unlocking, but not locking all the doors any longer. The contact on the lock side of the rocker was all carboned up. A quick spray with brake clean, and sanding of the contact...and all is well.

What has this to do with windows you ask? I figured as long as I was in the switch, I might as well pull apart the window control side. All three windows that were giving trouble [even though the silicone helped they were still slow (the two rear to the point of sticking and stopping again) from the front controls] had major carbon built up on the contact. Cleaned, sanded and put back together again, and the difference is night and day.

I would still like to pull the rubber slides and get the bottom section lubed that is inside the door, but that can be put off now :D

hth's

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom