Rear infotainment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi I was wondering if anyone is using any clever gadgets or anything to steam to the rear infotainment. I have a 17 lc200. I'm having issues connecting to Chromecast without wifi. Was wondering if there's anything else to plug into the hdmi port in the back?

Hi I was wondering if anyone is using any clever gadgets or anything to steam to the rear infotainment. I have a 17 lc200. I'm having issues connecting to Chromecast without wifi. Was wondering if there's anything else to plug into the hdmi port in the back?
I found the RES so limited in usefulness (actually downright archaic) and so in the way, I just got the grandkids iPads and removed the monitors. I know that’s not what you wanted/needed to hear, but my clever gadget is an iPad on a Toyota headrest mount. Incredibly useful and truly rear seat entertainment. Tons of great apps that don’t require real time internet and pretty much any movie can be pre- loaded. Sorry I can’t help more; I gave up on OEM.

Thanks. There's gotta be some way I can hook up a device via the hdmi port that maybe I can tether off my phones 4g/LTE to stream. Just was wondering if anyone else has done some detective work. Lol

I found the RES so limited in usefulness (actually downright archaic) and so in the way, I just got the grandkids iPads and removed the monitors. I know that’s not what you wanted/needed to hear, but my clever gadget is an iPad on a Toyota headrest mount. Incredibly useful and truly rear seat entertainment. Tons of great apps that don’t require real time internet and pretty much any movie can be pre- loaded. Sorry I can’t help more; I gave up on OEM.

Yep, it's an absolute joke. My son had his xbox hooked up, and that was at what.. 640x480 resolution. The screens are no better than those found on a 30$ portable dvd player from 2001. The only thing you benefit from with the HDMI port, is (i think), surround sound.

So, I removed the huge underwhelming TV's and instead am buying iPad's for the kids.

I will hook up my phone to the hdmi port and watch YouTube and other apps through it.

Brand new 6th gen iPads are downright cheap now.

My kids aren't ready for their own ipads yet. I got a HDMI adapter to lightingbolt and can stream from an iphone or an ipad and have it show up on the screens.

So I just ordered a device called ANYCAST. off Amazon. I have an android and apparently I won't need wifi to mirror anything. I'll let you guys know how it goes

@TXMoose See if this interests you, Beatsonic Smartphone Mirroring Kit (link to my install post here) but of course if you don't need the front screen you could skip that part and just buy a unit to stream via hdmi and plug it in the backseat

Thanks man. Great install but it's way more than I wanna do. This is to keep 3 kids 5 and under occupied so they don't drive us nuts til we get to our destination

Yep, it's an absolute joke. My son had his xbox hooked up, and that was at what.. 640x480 resolution. The screens are no better than those found on a 30$ portable dvd player from 2001. The only thing you benefit from with the HDMI port, is (i think), surround sound.

So, I removed the huge underwhelming TV's and instead am buying iPad's for the kids.

Did you install some kind of mount to hold the Ipad where the screen was originally?

Have not gotten any yet, but I remember seeing a nice design that clipped onto the headrest which the ipad could detach from easily. I'll try and find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom