Rear hatchback light replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaTrk

SILVER Star
Threads
Can anyone point me to how to remove and replace this light? Wondering if there any of those compression plugs or just undo the screws and unbolt? PITA or not? I notice a few screws around the backside edge. Simple unscrew and replace? Tks much.

tempImageuV1GKM.png

Last edited:
On my 2013, when you pop the trunk lid open there are 3 plastic nuts along the edge. Remove those and then pull the light assembly straight out. There's a 4th plastic clip in the (top left in this photo) far corner so it requires some pulling to get it to pop loose but it will come out. A plastic spludger or drywall spreader in that inner corner will help you pull the assembly out straight if it seems to stick

The light I circled in the picture and am asking about is on the top hatch, not the bottom tailgate.
Read more in the thread, top portion is discussed too. However, I think @linuxgod has you covered

On my 2013, when you pop the trunk lid open there are 3 plastic nuts along the edge. Remove those and then pull the light assembly straight out. There's a 4th plastic clip in the (top left in this photo) far corner so it requires some pulling to get it to pop loose but it will come out. A plastic spludger or drywall spreader in that inner corner will help you pull the assembly out straight if it seems to stick
Cool, much easier

Not to hijack, but I am also looking for this except the lamp next to it, corner one… Hopefully the source to this answer is the same

Not to hijack, but I am also looking for this except the lamp next to it, corner one… Hopefully the source to this answer is the same
This ? Not sure what year you have - add the year to your signature. I got this from the manual - not use to seeing helpful do it yourself in the manual - ive been use to Land Rovers. Haha..

Attachments

• rear turn signal.pdf
    116.1 KB · Views: 52
Also found this for mine...... In case anyone else needs one....

Attachments

• back up light.pdf
    111 KB · Views: 24
yep, I already saw this one. I didn't get much out of it though as the camera was off the details pretty much the whole time if I remember correctly. tks

Swapped the other day. Took about 30 hr. 3 10mm nuts on backside. Comes out easily - retaining plug top left side.

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 2.40.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 2.41.14 PM.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom