Rear Hatch Lock Issues/Actuator Fix (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You can get to the actuator pretty easily. Does it only open from the inside regardless of if it’s locked or unlocked?

Yea, where the lock is at doesn't matter. It only opens from the inside.

Add me to the club of people that had no idea there was a key hole under the emblem. My key actually works the lock properly, though.

After my first actuator fix failed during the winter, I attempted it again with JB weld and had issues with clearance to the plastic case. I filed it down and but then had alignment issues and gave up. The local toyota yard wanted $75 for the piece. A quick Google search brought up the passenger door lock actuators manufactured by AISIN(OEM). The driver's side rear door lock actuator looked to be identical. Part number: AISIN DLT088. Ended up being $50 with shipping. This morning I installed the actuator and it fit perfect. Initially I did have some issues with it fulling locking but that was fixed by loosening the two actuator screws and realigning it. Now it is working perfectly and the wife is happy.

This post was spot on for me. Thanks all!

This post was spot on for me. Thanks all!

Awesome. I’m wanting to say I had another issue with the actual plunger about a year ago, something to do with a set screw on the plunger rod maybe, but my power lock/unlock is still holding up

so the glueing of the split piece inside the original actuator didn't actually work for me, but replacing the actuator with the one @legacymax mentioned worked perfectly.

Replacing the actuator is working great. Thanks!

I just replaced my rear hatch power door lock actuator with the Aisin DLT088, which was the same as the drivers (US) side rear power door lock actuator. The post was spot on and the replacement worked like new! Since the actuator failure is due to the crack of the swingarm that holds it to the metal shaft - with the gears and motor still in good working order, I’m keeping it as spare parts in hope to fix my drivers side power lock that is starting to act funny.

IMG_2512.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom