Rear DVD screen issues (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

seems to be a common issue in other markets as well

I am assumin

I was told in grom thread when people do the grom vline upgrade, some have also updated the rear dvd screen to a different brand/setup.
It would also be surprising to have a single point of failure design that if the rear dvd system gives up, the whole audio system will freeze up.

May be a software or a techstream configuration change issue, any expert in techstream who can opine?
I would really like to know of a compatible overhead screen to replace my dead one. I have no sound and Mr T wants 5k for new one.

I would really like to know of a compatible overhead screen to replace my dead one. I have no sound and Mr T wants 5k for new one.
What year is your 200?

FYI.
2013-2015 sound system will not function with the rear overhead DVD screen removed or malfunctioning.
I disconnected the overhead dvd- menu screen and navigation screen go to black. I still have full audio and climate on screen and functioning. If you disconnect you can still play all audio , you just can’t use your menu/settings/ nav. I hooked everything back up.
6D73A88A-099D-4CC1-98DE-118F9BE9EDDF.jpeg
B74436D0-23EC-4F22-B7A7-668118D3FAA6.jpeg
98840E72-103F-42B7-A0C6-A02BD7514E9C.jpeg

It was an option that most people opted for, there are very few out there without it, I've only seen one personally, a 2009 without it.
I was finally able to track down the faq for model year options. It was not very easy to find with the MUD search function, but here it is:

"What Year should I get"

200-series FAQ for Modifications, Repairs and Build Threads. Great place for new users to start

The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for the 200/LX570 series tech section continues to be a work in progress. The goal is to have links in the below to other threads and tech articles. By having these linked, instead of pasting the text, the threads will remain live. The live threads can...
forum.ih8mud.com

forum.ih8mud.com

From there I was able to find some factory spec sheets.

For the 2008 model, at least, it looks like the rear seat area screens are part of an optional upgrade package:

- Upgrade Package: Simulated wood and leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, pre-collision System, rear seat entertainment, back up camera, cool box, DVD-based GPS navigation with Bluetooth™ capability, second-row seat heaters, rear spoiler, and headlamp cleaners

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom