Rear DVD screen issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CSteppe82

Legalize Cannabis
SILVER Star
Threads
I’ve had this LC for about 8 years and I have never used the overhead DVD . Yesterday I noticed the screen is now opening and closing when I start/ stop the vehicle ?

Anyone know why this would have started up all of a sudden? I don’t have the remote. Thanks

Steppe

Mine is a '13 build in February of 2012. What worked for me was to open the audio program, go all the way through the audio sources on the screen until you get to "REAR". Open that and make sure the power is turned "OFF".

Are you sure that when you press the Display button, Rear isn't selected?

Opening and closing automatically on startup/shutdown is normal when the DVD player is being used. Deselect Rear on the Display screen to terminate this function.

The odd thing is I am a creature of habit and I haven’t done anything to the display/ settings. Like I said , I’ve never even had the thing opened or even knew how to open it.

I’ll try these suggestions in the AM.

The odd thing is I am a creature of habit and I haven’t done anything to the display/ settings. Like I said , I’ve never even had the thing opened or even knew how to open it.

I’ll try these suggestions in the AM.
Sounds good. Sort of the same for me, I have never used the DVD player until like two weeks ago when I got some eBay DVD's for my kid. Was crossing my fingers that it wasn't going to be broken!

EB4CF623-9F24-436E-B10C-105F654EEC4C.jpeg
That worked. Thanks

Hey all- I hate to bump another old thread but I didn’t seem to get a straight answer in the 200 section intro thread today so thought I’d try here as well.

Quick question- I've been in the market looking at LC200s from 2008-2016. Did all of these come with DVD screens in the backseat area?

I've found a few LX570 without rear DVD players, but every LC200 I've found has had them.

Thanks for any guidance, as I couldn't find this specific info in search on MUD, or MUD via google, and Id like to purchase one with no screen in the backseat area if possible.

Hey all- I hate to bump another old thread but I didn’t seem to get a straight answer in the 200 section intro thread today so thought I’d try here as well.

Quick question- I've been in the market looking at LC200s from 2008-2016. Did all of these come with DVD screens in the backseat area?

I've found a few LX570 without rear DVD players, but every LC200 I've found has had them.

Thanks for any guidance, as I couldn't find this specific info in search on MUD, or MUD via google, and Id like to purchase one with no screen in the backseat area if possible.
I believe Toyota starting offering the rear screens as optional beginning in the 17' model year LC specifically.
I have a 16' and used the Trexboxx removal kit when I discovered one screen was cracked when I bought it.

I believe Toyota starting offering the rear screens as optional beginning in the 17' model year LC specifically.
I have a 16' and used the Trexboxx removal kit when I discovered one screen was cracked when I bought it.
Ok. So you’re saying the backseat area screen/s were standard on all LC200 until 2017?

So if I want a LC200 with no screen in the backseat area, I will need to buy a 2017+ LC200?

Ok. So you’re saying the backseat area screen/s were standard on all LC200 until 2017?

So if I want a LC200 with no screen in the backseat area, I will need to buy a 2017+ LC200?
Yes.
Or you can spend $200, buy any year prior, and remove the screens yourself with the trexboxx kit.

Mine were mounted behind rear seats, OP and older 200 series have (1) screen instead of (2) and it is mounted in the ceiling.

Yes.
Or you can spend $200, buy any year prior, and remove the screens yourself with the trexboxx kit.

Mine were mounted behind rear seats, OP and older 200 series have (1) screen instead of (2) and it is mounted in the ceiling.
Thank you.

I would like to remove that entire overhead rear dvd all together (2008). The negative would be you would lose your two interior lights. Someone could 3d print? a cover with two holes to reuse the two interior lights ?

Probably more trouble than it’s worth.

When I started looking to purchase an LC last year, I found a few 2008 without the rear overhead DVD. I believe it was optional for that first model year and then standard until 2016 or 2017.
I know LX has 2 options in 2010-2011 years. One is with rear roof dvd and another one is two seat headrest screens with separate inputs.

When I started looking to purchase an LC last year, I found a few 2008 without the rear overhead DVD. I believe it was optional for that first model year and then standard until 2016 or 2017.
I thought they all came standard with rear dvd. Good to know. Now I’m looking for the dome light part #

I used google image and found one 2008 200 without overhead dvd. Just had the dome light in its place.

I am assumin
FYI.
2013-2015 sound system will not function with the rear overhead DVD screen removed or malfunctioning.
I was told in grom thread when people do the grom vline upgrade, some have also updated the rear dvd screen to a different brand/setup.
It would also be surprising to have a single point of failure design that if the rear dvd system gives up, the whole audio system will freeze up.

May be a software or a techstream configuration change issue, any expert in techstream who can opine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom