Rear disk breaks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
Supporting Vendor
Threads
What are you running for rear calipers with a parking brake assembly? Eldo? Toy? What cable are you using to manipulate the parking brake on the calipers?

Do you have any pics?

Thanks!

-Steve

planning on Eldo for mine, they appear/mount identical to the Monte's, but I haven't done it yet. Intend to scavenge the primary cables from the junkyard at the same time.

May shop Sat morning if it ain't too cold out....

Also, search for the thread in the PBB Jeep corner on Nissan calipers...aparrently, the Pulsar? has e-brake rear calipers and they "might" work on the non-vented minitruck rotors.

Thanks Brian.

I was out at ppb the other day and read through that, and a couple other similar things in the Mini section.

Guess what I was after more than anything was possibly someone who made a trick single/dual cable set up that might work with the floor mount p.brake lever, on a 40 or a 60. Everyone is making a caliper bracket, that is the simple part. Have you seen anyone selling a ready-made cable assembly? This is something that I have thought about a lot with the popularity of RDB and the need to have a functioning PB at TLCA events.

If it were really easy, they would be everywhere, right?

Good luck!

-Steve

I used 82 eldorado calipers and the cables from same rig, just direct the cables up around your frame, you will have to cut one of the caddy cables shorter (and the cover). and then you have to cut your fj cable end off and part of the cover, i used 3 cable clamps to connect the cables together, it takes a little work to get them adjusted right. works great when done right, and if you want, downey has a kit for the cable but its a universal kit and it still uses the clamps and the fj cable and its 100.00 bucks and i am cheap and the caddy was free.

I don't believe the easy/hard part is the problem.

Eldo calipers are pricey, $80 or so each. Their e-brake's are notoriously not that great.

It may be done on my rig as part of the 4-link process....and in preparation for a future ARB which would give me cutting brakes ;)

[quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=10104;start=msg90217#msg90217 date=1074086239]

Their e-brake's are notoriously not that great.

[/quote]

Could you expand on this? Is this new in the vehicle, as new from GM, or people using scrap yard parts that needed to be replaced before the car ended up there? The only complaints that I have ever heard about these calipers is the bleeding process, and that the braking mech. is so low to the ground, which could easily enough both be remedied with a little work to a braket...

Thanks!

-Steve

from what I have heard, their clamping power is not that great....it's adequate with all new parts, but unless you are meticulous with maintenance, it doesn't last.

I'll know more once mine is done in a few weeks....

[quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=10104;start=msg90280#msg90280 date=1074095671]
from what I have heard, their clamping power is not that great....it's adequate with all new parts, but unless you are meticulous with maintenance, it doesn't last.

I'll know more once mine is done in a few weeks....
[/quote]

Leverage...

38s are going to require more effort to keep stationary than say the 225 that was originally on there... :) I would like to find a full size floating GM caliper with PB, as that is what I went back to after 'outgrowing' the metric rear caliper....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom