Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to replace my rear bumper but I would like a hitch incorp. into it. Any suggestions? The only one ive found is FabFours but I dont really like all of the exposed bolts showing all over the rear end.:bang:

I am looking to replace my rear bumper but I would like a hitch incorp. into it. Any suggestions? The only one ive found is FabFours but I dont really like all of the exposed bolts showing all over the rear end.:bang:

If you like tube bumpers, check out Toyoutfitter's rear bumper. The receiver is incorporated into it, the bumper fits tight and can be fitted with a swing out.

Otherwise, I just put one on my Demello bumper...

Is that what the 4 bolts on the rear of the Demello are for or do you have to use something aftermarket under it?

Is that what the 4 bolts on the rear of the Demello are for or do you have to use something aftermarket under it?

Those four bolts on the Demello are part of the mounting system to the frame. It's possible to still use an aftermarket Drawtight hitch under the Demello bumper, but it would kill all the nice departure angle you get by using that bumper.

I should have been more clear, sorry. Like Lee said, that is the stock mounting point for the hitch. I did some home fabrication to add a receiver to my Demello bumper. Picked up the receiver tube, cut some gussets and got busy with the welder...

I like the Demello bumper and think I will do the same. Did you weld the receiver under the bumper and beef it up? Or do you have some pics for assistance.

By the way thanks for the info!

I like the Demello bumper and think I will do the same. Did you weld the receiver under the bumper and beef it up? Or do you have some pics for assistance.

By the way thanks for the info!

I put the receiver right in the middle of the bolt/holes for the stock mounting/Demello bumper mounting. So, no impact upon departure angle.

I'll have to go out and snap a pick since I can't seem to find one in my album...

All Pro sells a rear bumper with the option of using their hitch. I bought the one that comes with the hitch reciever (rated same weight as oem hitch) and have been very happy with it.

DSCF28851.jpg

That looks like a bolt on option, I like it. So I havent made my mind up yet whether to weld on or use this but I do think it will be one or the other. I assume these bumpers are attached to the frame somehow for towing strength. I dont plan on pulling anything other than a couple of ATVS.

FJC5.........previously said:
That looks like a bolt on option, I like it. So I havent made my mind up yet whether to weld on or use this but I do think it will be one or the other. I assume these bumpers are attached to the frame somehow for towing strength. I dont plan on pulling anything other than a couple of ATVS.

Yes, you're right bolt on. The rear of the frame on the FJC is boxed and the AP hitch bolts up to the same holes that the oem hitch is bolted to. I have used the hitch many times to tow my dirtbike.
FJ Cruiser Rear Bumper

I have the Expedition One rear with the tire swing out, however it is available without the swing out as well. I love it.

Metal Techs rear bumper has a 2X2 hitch receiver incorporated. It is Hella stout and has protected my rig many times.
IMG_2922.jpg

This isn't my rig but shows off the bumper very well. I couldn't find one of mine that showed it off as well. Metal Tech is the way to go if you want a tube style bumper.

I have been running a CBI double swing out tube bumper (spare tire carrier, jerry cans, high lift and hitch incorporated). Very satisfied.
FJCDollhouse.jpg

All Pro sells a rear bumper with the option of using their hitch. I bought the one that comes with the hitch reciever (rated same weight as oem hitch) and have been very happy with it.

DSCF28851.jpg
thats what i have its great!

Dang Woooody, looks like you just landed nice jump, or...you've got some serious packing happening in the rear of your FJC. Smuggling gold out of them hills...
I think it's time to upgrade the BDS to OME heavies. There were three 5 gallon containers (~120 lbs?), a full, large ARB (61l) fridge, the tent on top, etc. I was bottoming out quite often. and those are 33.5 in tires...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom