Rear Axle Rebuild Video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I am about to rebuild my rear axle as PM and would like to know if there is a how to video out there. I used Jonesy's Offroad's video on youtube to do my front axle rebuild and it really helped me a lot. I have found a number of good threads on here showing how to rebuild with pictures but a video would be nice. Thanks

I have not personally but the rear is really pretty easy and not a lot can go wrong on a FF rebuild. Following the FSM makes this one pretty easy. There is an SST for the rear but few use one.

I'm pretty sure there's one on YouTube. Not sure that it was an 80, maybe a 70, but close enough.

Found it. I'm really not sure what series Land Cruiser this is though.

Use the FSM. It can be downloaded for free somewhere on this forum.

I am in my phone and haven't watched the video but that picture is clearly a free-floating rear axle. You can see the axle shaft, studs and nuts to the hub.

Looks like a 60. It's a semi-float so things are a little different to rebuild than our full float.

Time to resurrect an old thread.... I have gear oil leaking down the back of my tire... I assume i need to go further than the video showed and reseal the spindle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom