Reality Check Needed In Durham (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

still not as bad as the guy wanting 70k for his 60 series

Realistically, given current market values - what do you guys think this truck is worth. Not trying to poke fun at the seller - rather get a snapshot of what is going on in the FJ40 market. He's been trying to sell it for a while, so clearly the market is not meeting his price. However, I have seen some crazy pricing in 40's at the hands of crazed hipsters trying to get into the 40 cult - but this is clearly not what some hipster is going to hand over their cash for as it present no opportunity to pose in as they can't drive it. LOL.

Yeah, 1k or less depending on if he has a title or not, and what exact parts he has.

Ok fine I will break down and offer the guy 2,500 for it. 2,500 pesos that is

Go ahead, he told me to "leave him alone" so I am out. LOL

I'm getting sick of not having a project!

I am constantly scanning Craigslist for Land Cruisers, as far out as 6 hours away and 40 60 and 80 prices have all been climbing steady for the past 2.5 years. The 40 are increasing the most. I am talking about asking prices, which are far different than selling prices, but still rising. A 40 that was $3,500 3 years ago is well in to $6-8K now ASKING PRICES.

The one above, not much body that is there that is clean, I suspect the doors to be in the same shape. There are more frames floating around than tubs so a running roller is not that unique.

$500 tops if I was buying and that would only be because I had a buyer for enough parts to cover my initial investment and transport costs.

Go ahead, he told me to "leave him alone" so I am out. LOL

I'm getting sick of not having a project!
I feel your pain, so much so that i will let you have my truck for 5 months as a project. But ill.need a diesel in there when you are done ;)

NCFJ and others - I agree 100 percent.

I want this truck to stretch the frame - rather start with something not nice. I have a 69 frame that looks new but would rather not cut it up.

Hold on to that 69 frame

I feel your pain, so much so that i will let you have my truck for 5 months as a project. But ill.need a diesel in there when you are done ;)

AL, Just drop your truck off at Johnny's House of Diesel Swaps and Ill Repute!! He'll fix ya right up.

AL, Just drop your truck off at Johnny's House of Diesel Swaps and Ill Repute!! He'll fix ya right up.

Might have to steal that name. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom