real time help: spilled antifreeze in the rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
lost a gallon of water/freeze (leftover from the new water pump install, 'stored' in an empty milk jug) in the rear (and passenger side) after leaving the alignment shop.

crappy pay-vac didn't pull much, 24hr later I'm trying to get it cleaned up.

tips? worries?

thanks in advance...

keep the pets away... other than that not much. Is it in carpet? Might want to rent a steamer, if it is. Anti-freeze is actually fairly non-corrosive, kind of want it to be that way so it doesn't mess up the block and radiator too much. So I would not worry about rust and such any more than just water.

Beaucoup in the carpet: and the pad, and under the mid-pass carpet door seal.

Everything is slimey to the touch.

Guess I'll be ordering the SOR liner sooner than I thought. :whoops:

I want that also :)

Could you not remove the carpet and liner, hose them through good, then wet-dry vac and let dry in the sun on a concrete pad? (or is the liner glued down...) Add some washing soda, and I bet the carpet would come out cleaner as a bonus.

That rear insulation is glued down...it makes a mess trying to pull it.....but its the only way to get that crap up........just be glad its not creosote:whoops:
Could you not remove the carpet and liner, hose them through good, then wet-dry vac and let dry in the sun on a concrete pad? (or is the liner glued down...) Add some washing soda, and I bet the carpet would come out cleaner as a bonus.

and the insulation is coming apart when the vac applied... :slimeygrossness:

the good news is that the metal underneath is much cleaner than my other 60 :D

this'll change the 'move-in' process from
* installing dobermobile items to
# stripping it down to metal to install either new carpet or the vinyl or combination of both, install Rowland panels while I'm there, then move over the goodies.

can't put the dogs in the back til I figure out the ramp situation anyway. :doh:

I'll post a new thread as it happens, in a few weeks. Gotta rebuild the bank account!

Good time to get some Dynamat, Ram Mat, or such to go down on the metal or the tar insulation to deaden the sound and cut the heat.

Good time to get some Dynamat, Ram Mat, or such to go down on the metal or the tar insulation to deaden the sound and cut the heat.

That was part of the Rowlands panel install plan, now it'll just extend across the cargo area.

Now for to file my taxes to get the monies to move forward. :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom