RCV 300m rear axles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Threads
Any one install these yet. looking for insight on drilling the Hubs.
Thanks

I was wondering this as well. Will they honour the warranty if you drill them out? I recently broke both of my nitro rears and sent them back for warranty. I have been running ARP studs but was considering drilling out any new ones I put in. The 300m ones are my next upgrade, after I manage to get a new ARB and gears as a result of the twisted POS nitro shafts

There are a couple other threads on it. Search 300M and you'll find it.

For what it worth I am replacing the Nitro as well and I am not happy with them ether.
The new 300m axle are a two peace axle with a drive flange similar to front set up. The drive flange comes with 6 holes for dowel pins The holes and pins are larger so the factory hubs need to be drilled not the flange.
1596302410565.png

I have Searched here and google and have not found anything on the actual drilling of the hubs, Thank you

Last edited:
If you have actually seen or have insight to the actual drilling of the hubs please post up a link.

If you have actually seen or have insight to the actual drilling of the hubs please post up a link.
Sorry, I missed the "drilling the hubs" the first time.

I recall having seen a thread about drilling it, then it morphed into an argument about drilling or not drilling and I think RFB was involved, and it died without much resolution.

Sorry, nothing new from me on it.

So the plot thickens, The stock dowel pins are 7mm x 24mm, the ones RCV sent are 8mm x16mm both the factory flange and the flange for the RCV are 9mm thick. The stock dowel pins have approximately 15mm of embedment or all most 2/3 of the dowel pin is in the hub.
The RCV dowel pins at best could have 7 or 8mm of embedment or approximately 1/2 .
This just does not make sense to me. I have stop on this project in tell I can contact RCV Monday morning.
1596378694531.png

Last edited:
Just an update, got my kit Saturday and they include regular 5/16" x 5/8" dowel pins along with a 7.9mm drill for a slight interference fit.

Plan is to throw the hubs in the mill and poke some holes 3/8" deep and use some 5/16" x 3/4" dowel pins.

Note for others. Zapped and reamed six 0.312 holes, 0.350" deep on a 90mm hole circle. Then pressed the 5/16x3/4 dowels into the holes, and is just about perfect. Flange with gasket site just at the bottom of the radius of the dowel, and plenty of meat in the hub.

Watch you dowel lengths, they can vary a bit.

20210522_102514.jpg

20210524_075330.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom