RC4WD FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CruiserTrash

Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
cruisertrashparts.com
Currently the only RC crawler I own is a little WPL C24. I’ve built it out as far as these things can go. Tons of fun but I’m ready for a new adventure. I’d like to do a more realistic, scale build on a larger platform.

Stumbled onto this RC4WD FJ55 kit this morning.

6B98CEA7-30AB-4DF3-A9CA-1ADF794D7CB8.jpeg

I still don’t know much about the RC crawler world, but RC4WD seems like the cheaper option for a 1:10 platform. Seems like most folks go Traxxis or Axial, but from what I have seen going that route would be more than I want to spend on the RC hobby. I think I could get a running RC4WD 55 going for $500 all in and upgrade from there down the road.

So what are your thoughts on RC4WD and the Trail Finder platform?

The only thing that bothers me about this kit is the lack of inner wheel wells - but RC4WD sells those separately.

I have the RC4WD FJ40. I’ve been upgrading it little by little. I don’t have much time to play with it, but I like the platform personally.

I have the RC4WD FJ40. I’ve been upgrading it little by little. I don’t have much time to play with it, but I like the platform personally.
What are you finding needs upgrade?

What are you finding needs upgrade?
I’m not rock crawler do I won’t be a lot of help. I enjoy more of the realistic appearance. Out of the box I haven’t found anything around the house it won’t climb up or over. The suspension is the weak point thus far as there is very little flex. They do sell springs that will help with that, but I just haven’t put in the time or money. This was a purchase I made when I was between Cruisers and wanted a toy. Lol. Occasionally I’ll add a new bumper or steel cage, soft top, etc. next up will be bigger tires and 40 style wheels and hub caps.

I also have a couple of the RC4WD FJ40 kits, I haven't assembled either of them but I think already spent more on accessories than the car itself. Had to have the scale 8274 which almost cost as much as a real one did 10 years ago. It can get really expensive really fast. I also have the WPL C34, I haven't bought the electronics so it's just a desktop model for now.

I don't know much about RC crawling, but RC4WD seems to be focused on the scale modelling where Traxxis and Axial are less about accuracy and more for running/competing. So if you're goal is a realistic scale build, RC4WD is probably the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom