Rating on Cingular cell phone service needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't, but Karen does, and she's been real happy. At Glitter Gulch Gambol, my Verizon had no coverage, she was getting calls on the trail. From what I can tell in general she has better coverage than I do on Verizon.

She did have a billing error about a year ago, but it got straightened out to her satisfaction.

I don't, but Karen does, and she's been real happy. At Glitter Gulch Gambol, my Verizon had no coverage, she was getting calls on the trail. From what I can tell in general she has better coverage than I do on Verizon.

She did have a billing error about a year ago, but it got straightened out to her satisfaction.

How does Karen feel about her coverage around town. I spend most of my time in N Scottsdale and the Town of Paradise Valley.

I realize you probably don't want to hear this, but Alltel is pretty awesome, both in cell service and customer service.

I don't have anything on Cingular. Sorry.

-Spike

I had AT&T until it was bought by Cingular. When it was AT&T the coverage was not as complete but I didn't have many dropped calls. Now with Cingular I think there is wider coverage, but calls drop often. I can be sitting on the couch at home talking for 10 minutes and suddenly the call will drop. I'm not sure why.

What I do like about Cingular is that I use it in Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. The key is to try it out in the areas that you will be using it and if you don't have good coverage return it within the 14 day trial period and they will give you a refund.

We have Cingular and have been pretty happy with them. The only spot around town that gave me a "dead spot" is on the 101 - a little south of where the speed cameras are.

For some reason it would die off there and come back- other than that, no dropped calls.

We have Cingular and have been pretty happy with them. The only spot around town that gave me a "dead spot" is on the 101 - a little south of where the speed cameras are.

For some reason it would die off there and come back- other than that, no dropped calls.

yeah - like you are supposed to call WHILE driving :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Phil,

I had Cingular when I moved here and they absolutely suck. I was on the new GSM network, and couldn't get signals at work, at home, or even driving the 202. Switched to Verizon and haven't had a problem since. So if your phone is GSM, beware.

I have had Cingular for several years. Cingular is average in the Phx. metro area. Outside the Metro, I have had better luck with Cingular than with others. Reception in the Prescott area is better than any provider ever was in the Phx. area. I rarely have less than 5 bars of signal. The exception is in odd spots such as inside Home Depot. Rural and remote area reception is excellent. But in the East Valley they had the same dead spots that the others had, on the 101, the 202 and right in the middle of my shop within 100 feet of a cel tower! I rarely drop a call in northern AZ, but often dropped calls in the Valley with Cingular, Quest, Verision, and others.

We're working on the network every day. Great service. Will only get better. Your faithful Cingular employee. BMT. :)

We're working on the network every day. Great service. Will only get better. Your faithful Cingular employee. BMT. :)

I was hoping you would chime in. If anyone knows cell sites it you:cool:
Im signed up and so far happy

I was a happy AT&T customer for a couple years. Then Cingular bought em. Never noticed a huge difference.
But I TXT alot and got tired of paying so much for it. Plus, they don't have cool PDA phones. so I switched to T-Mobile.
If Cingular had a plan with unlimited text and data, for under $100/mo, and a decent PDA phone, I'd switch back in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom