Radio/Antenna fuse? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trunk Monkey

Threads
Just started the 80 this morning, the radio came on, the antenna started to go up, and then they both died. I've looked around for a fuse of some sort, but can't find anything. Any thoughts?

Damn, Un-disregard. I replaced the fuse, started the truck up and it popped again. Seems like it pops when you turn the ign. to ON and the antenna just starts to activate. Any thoughts?

Looks like you need a new radio! ::)

Running stock speakers? Could be a snag in the antenna that causes the motor to seize up and pop that fuse.

same problem

Did you ever solve the problem? Mine just started doing the same thing today. Only mine is a 94 and the antenna only moves when I use the dash switch , which eliminates the antenna problem for me. Any info greatly appreciated.

About a week ago, I had the fuse popping problem while installing my aftermarket stereo. I had connected the blue wire from the (aftermarket-to-stock harness adapter) remote turn on from the stereo. In that harness adapter the blue wire was also connected to another pin. In my 88 4runner I had these connected and nothing ever popped a fuse. But in my 94 LC this would allow the radio to turn on for a quick second and blow the Dome fuse in the engine bay, which also is the fuse for the alarm. (I thought maybe this blue wire turned on the stock amp or something, as I think it did in the 4runner speakers.) I knew it didn't operate the power antenna since there are manual buttons in the LC and the 4runner to raise and lower the antenna.

Anyway, after disconnecting the blue antenna/remote-turnon wire from the harness adapter, the fuses aren't blowing anymore.

Now I guess this only applies if your radio is aftermarket and using an adapter harness. If its stock, I have no idea. Hope that helps someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom