Radiator Problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ll try to work on something much more concise if you are gonna make it a sticky. I agree completely on searching, but this doesn’t seem to be happening and I’m pretty sure the length and progression of that thread is a big part of why, when everything people need to know could be put into a single post at the top.

I think just the title is the issue. Having 50 pages of documented failures is reassuring to me when I have it done as preventive maintenance. i can skim through 47 pages as long as the general consensus is to replace. I saw the crack, replaced before summer.

Popped the hood to do an oil change and was greeted with a pink surprise...

I’m a YouTube mechanic at best. What do y’all think? Leaking radiator or maybe just the cap? It’s a 2011 LX with 122k.
View attachment 2270157
View attachment 2270159

See this thread from March...

What's the good reason for not having an all aluminum radiator?
It’s unnecessary
Cost
Much harder to repair
Aluminum outlets into rubber hoses are more likely to corrode than plastic

I think just the title is the issue. Having 50 pages of documented failures is reassuring to me when I have it done as preventive maintenance. i can skim through 47 pages as long as the general consensus is to replace. I saw the crack, replaced before summer.
One post with the dozens (hundreds?) of photos could also get the point across very effectively.
The thread length deters some people from getting into it that would otherwise.

(I may be biased because I’ve been spending a couple weeks going through a 200pg thread on a different forum trying to learn about something unrelated)

Well, mine just went. 2013 with 106,000mi. I opened the hood this morning to add more wiper fluid and it looked like she vomited Pepto Bismol. I dropped it off at the dealer down the road since our aftermarket warranty will cover it.

Most people inspecting their Ts find them in perfect factory condition. I see no reason to include them in the list of stuff to be replaced.
Thank us Hundy folks for the Heater Ts concern. On our rigs, the concern is justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom