Radiator finally cracked on my 2013 LC (145k). What else should I replace during replacement? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm sure there is an existing thread someone could point me to. Otherwise, what say the braintrust? No plan on selling the rig. Water Pump?

Starter, alternator, water pump, plugs.

Assuming all are OEM parts (some aftermarket may or may not come with all accessories like foam, thermostat gasket, radiator cap, etc.) ...
Minimum:
Radiator
Thermostat
Water pump
Serp tensioner
Serp belt
Idler pulley
Coolant 2gal needed

Optional:
small hose 99556-20200
Upper hose
Lower hose
Fan support bearing/bracket
Fan clutch (if failed)

Here is the master thread

Videos
(15) Land Cruiser 200 Series or LX570 Radiator replacement - YouTube
(15) 2009 LX570, Land Cruiser Radiator Replacement - YouTube

Additional info:
Aisin water pump

Last edited:
I did the idle & tensioner pulley, fan bracket, pcv valve, and new hoses on my 2013 when I replaced the radiator a couple weeks ago.
Water pump was replaced a couple years back by previous owner or I would have probably done that and thermostat as well.

Threw a new belt on there as well, (Dont buy it from Toyota, most expensive serpentine belt ive purchased).

Radiator does come with new foam.

Assuming all are OEM parts (some aftermarket may or may not come with all accessories like foam, thermostat gasket, radiator cap, etc.) ...
Minimum:
Radiator
Thermostat
Water pump
Serp tensioner
Serp belt
Idler pulley
Coolant 2gal needed

Optional:
small hose 99556-20200
Upper hose
Lower hose
Fan support bearing/bracket
Fan clutch (if failed)

Here is the master thread

Videos
(15) Land Cruiser 200 Series or LX570 Radiator replacement - YouTube
(15) 2009 LX570, Land Cruiser Radiator Replacement - YouTube

Additional info:
Aisin water pump

Why the hoses though?

I did the idle & tensioner pulley, fan bracket, pcv valve, and new hoses on my 2013 when I replaced the radiator a couple weeks ago.
Water pump was replaced a couple years back by previous owner or I would have probably done that and thermostat as well.

Threw a new belt on there as well, (Dont buy it from Toyota, most expensive serpentine belt ive purchased).

Radiator does come with new foam.
OEM only is the way to go. Especially for things on or around the engine.

I agree 100% which is why all my parts were purchased through Toyota.

After my initial shock at what they wanted for the belt I searched on here and want to say you can buy the same oem vendor supplied belt elsewhere for alot less. Supposedly same exact belt if I remember right.

In the grand scheme of how much was spent on that weekend maintenance project the belt savings would have been minimal, just irritating.
OEM only is the way to go. Especially for things on or around the engine.

give your miles, cheaper bare minimum option is just the radiator, upper/lower hoses and serpentine belt, idle pulley and tensioner pulley.

Rest everything is pre-emptive. the waterpump, thermostat, fan clutches and other pulleys like fan, water pump can last another 100k miles or fail tomorrow. even if they fail, they can be replaced without removing radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom