Racks... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
outdoor.as.wwu.edu
So I am trying to decide what basket I want to put on my 40. I would appreciate any pics of your 40's w/ baskets that you have, full length racks only. I would especially like to a see pic of a conn-ferr if anyone has one, as well as one of the tradesman's, as the pic on the MAF site isn't that great. Let me know, and thanks in advance.

Do a search here - tons of pix available already as this is an often discussed topic.

FWIW - I bought the Garvin Wilderness rack for my 40 after researching and have no regrets. Solid and well built.

AndrewT

Had this one built by Mark W while in AK. I never really used it though. Now it is taking up space in my back yard.

Racks

Here's a picture of mine, I believe it's a MAF, but not sure, any help out there?
12140003.JPG

Wilderness Rack from SOR. Currently on with softop. Can also buy the mounting posts to put it on the hardtop. Pretty kool....

Last edited:
I had the big Conifer one one my hard top for ever. was really great to have. I am looking for a digital pic of it, but all I have are actual photos- nuth'n digital. :) I would buy another one if I had to do it again. Though aluminium is also nice since its lighter and doesnt rust.

My big warning to anyone putting a rack on their hard top is to not bolt it on too snug, since you will pinch the fiberglass and seal in the gutters, and cause them to leak. Those racks that have a long piece of flat steel that mount to the gutter are better since the spread the weight out over the gutter much better. You could fab something like that up for the Conifer one if you wanted, too.

-Dustin

Here is my Con-Ferr rack. It is the bolt together one, it is not made for the cruiser, I bought it from a heep owner. I think it is 4'x5' and 4 inches tall. I love the shovel, ax and highlift mount. It makes getting some fellas up into the mountains and actually bringing some camping gear alot easier. I rigged up some mounts myself, but would have to say that making a full length gutter rail mount is on this springs to do list.

Hey tojons, Don't mean to hijack but can you post some more pics of the mounting post? I currently have a conferr and would like to keep it on somehow with out the hard top. I'll post pics later when I get home. I'm at work now.

I can, but probably not until Tuesday night or Wednesday AM. I have to fly to San Diego this afternoon. I'll be back tomorrow night. My pics are all in my PC at home.

Works great with the bikini tip too !

Ponce said:
Hey tojons, Don't mean to hijack but can you post some more pics of the mounting post? I currently have a conferr and would like to keep it on somehow with out the hard top. I'll post pics later when I get home. I'm at work now.

check the SOR site. they have a bunch of pics there of that rack.

-Dustin

Yeah, and those are probably better than the ones I have anyway...

Thanks for the replys.

I bought mine over a year and a half ago - private sale. I did not get it on Ebay. Would not buy a rig on Ebay.

Wish I could put a decent rack on mine...garage won't allow it. :(

OOPS! here are the pix:

Not on my rig since I went topless, and sold the hard top. The rack's now for sale too, but it's heavy, and shipping would SUCK!!!

Dug deep for this thread

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom