Quickjack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is probably the 5000 lb model. Most common one they sell, but imo insufficient for lifting a modern Land Cruiser.

Yes it is the 5000

Just ran across this thread. I bought a Quick Jack about 2 years ago for my Audi S6 to do wheel swaps and oil changes. I did the measurements based on directions from the Quick Jack web site and decided to go with the 7000EXT knowing that I would eventually get an SUV or truck again. I wanted the larger model that could support the extra weight and some assurance with the EXT on length. Fast forward, I just picked up a 2018 LC and wanted to do some PM on the KDSS valve and spray the underbody with Fluid Film in preparation for winter and salted roads. I bit the bullet and went with the truck extensions to get a bit more extra lift height. Ordered extensions from Home Depot. Used today and they worked great. Put the tarp down so Fluid Film spray didn't get all over the driveway using my air compressor. In all, it was a smooth process.

IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_7069.jpg

IMG_7066.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7068.jpg

Just ran across this thread. I bought a Quick Jack about 2 years ago for my Audi S6 to do wheel swaps and oil changes. I did the measurements based on directions from the Quick Jack web site and decided to go with the 7000EXT knowing that I would eventually get an SUV or truck again. I wanted the larger model that could support the extra weight and some assurance with the EXT on length. Fast forward, I just picked up a 2018 LC and wanted to do some PM on the KDSS valve and spray the underbody with Fluid Film in preparation for winter and salted roads. I bit the bullet and went with the truck extensions to get a bit more extra lift height. Ordered extensions from Home Depot. Used today and they worked great. Put the tarp down so Fluid Film spray didn't get all over the driveway using my air compressor. In all, it was a smooth process.

View attachment 2138904

View attachment 2138905

View attachment 2138906

View attachment 2138907

View attachment 2138908
3 tons no oroblem

I really like this thing now, I've used it a bunch.

I ended up making some custom blocks for the Cruiser out of some scrap steel, they work great.

IMG_20190914_174225.jpg

IMG_20190914_233522.jpg

Second photo shows how I line up the frame so I know it will lift perfectly. I found those rubber blocks on Amazon.

Nice. Great idea using the masking tape for labels for the different vehicles. Makes setup a lot quicker ;)

These look really cool. I am waiting for the 7000 model going on sale again...

I have one of these, and have been using it for a few years now. Overall I am happy with it, but you really need to watch where you place the pads when using the risers. My 100 series slid off one side but I was able to let the rig down and readjust.

It's also a great size, on my Chevelle this thing is a must since it sits so low. I've also used on my old MR2 as well as our old Tacoma.

FWIW, Homedepot has the 7000 version for sale now for $1350 if interested.

I just ordered this and this thread answered so many questions for me. Thanks for posting. I'm super stoked to use this thing (7000lb model) its currently on sale at HD but not as good an offer as last posted.

My main reason for getting this is the pain of lifting my stock low 335is, the stiff suspension makes it titer/toter when lifting from one side at a time (not super safe) and 2nd the lack of lifting points on the front of the 100 series land cruiser to lift it up evenly without doing it from the center diff drop..

Reactions: KLF
Just used mine again yesterday to swap to the summer tires and lube the driveshafts. Still lovin' the thing. Convinced my brother to buy one, then he bought one for his son for a Christmas present.

OH, BTW, the little wheels on the ends are junk, mine fell apart. I found these on Amazon, much better:
Amazon product ASIN B07H9ZG825
I had to do a little bit of clearance filing to get them to work, but it was very minor. Much better when moving the rails around.

Just used mine again yesterday to swap to the summer tires and lube the driveshafts. Still lovin' the thing. Convinced my brother to buy one, then he bought one for his son for a Christmas present.

OH, BTW, the little wheels on the ends are junk, mine fell apart. I found these on Amazon, much better:
Amazon product ASIN B07H9ZG825
I had to do a little bit of clearance filing to get them to work, but it was very minor. Much better when moving the rails around.
Agreed, makes tire rotations and driveshaft lubes so much easier. Yes the original wheels are junk, surprised mine haven't busted yet.

What size replacement wheels did you get that fit?

Agreed, makes tire rotations and driveshaft lubes so much easier. Yes the original wheels are junk, surprised mine haven't busted yet.

What size replacement wheels did you get that fit?
I ended up with 40mm x 18mm. I originally tried 45mm diameter, but they were too big, had to return and get 40mm. Still had to do some minor clearanceing with a coarse round file a die grinder.

I've seen a few posts on other sites where people have added casters to make it easier to move around under the vehicle, I may give that a try this summer.

Last edited:
After using the QuickJack for a year, my take on it a bit of mix. I have not tried it on my 80 series yet. If anyone has picture of jack points and adapter for 80 series, would love to see. I have tried on various other cars, I love the height when it lift up, made work underneath easier.

However, here is a few things that I don't like:
(1) jack up the cars especially European cars with adapters is a bit difficult to position right. It usually took more than 15min just to put up the cars.
(2) even the 7000 version is too short for long wheel base MB E350, I had to buy an extension. But with the extension sitting on top of the jack, it is a bit tight to fit under the low ride sedan.
(3) the jack is portable, but kind of heavy to move around. I am thinking to build a dolly. Like to hear if anyone has a good design.

(1) jack up the cars especially European cars with adapters is a bit difficult to position right. It usually took more than 15min just to put up the cars.

I have stickers all over mine with exact placement marks for both of my cars, so it's pretty quick. A trick my brother does with his Miata is he took the regular blocks that came with it and cut a narrow kerf down the middle with a table saw like the pinch weld blocks they sell. But he kept the slot narrow, so all he has to do is reach under and "pinch" the block onto the pinch weld points, then he slides the jack under. No futzing around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom