Quickjack

Discussion in 'Workshop and Home Improvement' started by KLF, Mar 3, 2018.

1. KLF

KLF Frame waxer SILVER Star

Wondering if anybody has any experience with these? Looks like a great solution for a lot of work when you don't have room for a real 2-post list.

BL-7000EXT Extended Length Portable Car Lift by QuickJack

I'll need to take some measurements, but seems like it should be able to handle a 200-series.

BlueMarblePA likes this.
  2. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

I can't remember where I read recently that those types of lifts weren't to be used for some reason. Can't remember if it was an owner's manual or another lift thread or where.

3. KLF

Used for... lifting a vehicle? I'm confused. Really thinking about ordering one, but would like to hear any downsides or issues.

4. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Moderator

Found it

Pinch-weld rails

Your Mustang probably has a unibody frame. So, instead of conventional lift points on the underbody, there’s a pinch-weld rail that needs to be engaged. Good on you for recognizing that pinch-weld lifting blocks are recommended when using two-post lifts and portable car lifts (any frame-engaging lift). When you try to lift a unibody construction without pinch welds, you don’t properly engage the lift points, which can bend the rail, cut into the lift pad, render the lifting application less effective and potentially cause an uneven lift.

5. KLF

Ah, OK. That makes sense. Yes, that is why they sell those accessory blocks for lifting at those pinch-weld jacking points. Both our Highlander and the IS250 have this type of lifting point. I have a chunk of hard oak that I cut with a groove like that for my floor jack, it works really well, I just used it again yesterday.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  6. zebrabeefj40

zebrabeefj40

KLF,

The Mighty Car Mods guys use those in their shed...for example:

Otherwise the folks over a Garage Journal will have info for you.

Nick

7. BlueMarblePA

BlueMarblePA

Does anybody know if the 200 series LC has these pinch weld jacking points?

8. KLF

No, you would lift it from the frame. Lifting it from the body seam would rip the body off the frame.

I assumed I would need the longer BL-7000EXT model for the 200, but it turns out the regular SLX model is plenty long enough.

9. BlueMarblePA

BlueMarblePA

Thanks. I called Bendpak and they also recommended the regular model, but they did not know too much about the specific vehicle

10. KLF

Their website has some of the best documents and drawings ever, especially for an engineer-type like me. There's a really useful form you can download for measuring all your vehicles and guiding you though which is the best model to get. I think the SUV adapter kit would be needed for maximum lift of a 200-series.

https://www.quickjack.com/downloads/QuickJack-Vehicle-Measurement-Worksheet.pdf

The FAQ's and Knowledge Base section answers all your questions, and there's a ton of impressive and clever videos on YouTube. One shows them lifting over 20,000 lbs with the 5,000 lb model.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.