questions on rigging edic on 3b (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
if anyone has any pictures of rigging up an edic for a 3b would be greatly appreciated. i am doing a swap on my fj . the engine did not come with an edic.

Not all 3B's have an EDIC. If it's a rotary injection pump it may not have an EDIC. It could be just a fuel solenoid.

If yours is the edic type inline pump - you will need the edic motor and linkage, and the edic relay from a BJ60 (or 12v bj42 - assuming you are running 12v).
If you have these get a factory service manual and study the wiring - its not that complicated.

EdicLineDwg.JPG

EdicRelay.jpg

:cheers:
EdicLineDwg.JPG
EdicRelay.jpg

sorry it took so long to get back. this motor did have the edic in place, but the motor is bad and i was wondering if i could rig up some kind of cable for it . i do not have the bj wiring harness so i do not have the edic relay .

great picture, thanks . let me ask you when you pull your lever then the motor shuts off right. what kind of cable did you use.

Hi Guys
I just bought an imported 12 volt BJ40 and the EDIC system in not working .basically; I have pull a handle to shut of the engine. I read few posts in here and got some idea on what the EDIC motor with the its control box does. I am planning to do an experimental project using the EDIC system but since I do not own the Toyota tech book; I need the wiring diagram from the EDIC motor to its relay.

Specifically, I need to know the entire electrical, power, and ground junction from relay to EDIC motor. Also, does anyone know what the average vacuum pressure of a 3B intake is during ideal?

If you have the electrical diagram of the EDIC and its relay please post it here and shot me an email since I do not check this site every day. Once I figure out the wiring system on the EDIC, I will post my plans here.

Cheers

Mike

Email; noorkota@hotmail.com

Hi Guys
I just bought an imported 12 volt BJ40 and the EDIC system in not working .basically; I have pull a handle to shut of the engine. I read few posts in here and got some idea on what the EDIC motor with the its control box does. I am planning to do an experimental project using the EDIC system but since I do not own the Toyota tech book; I need the wiring diagram from the EDIC motor to its relay.

Specifically, I need to know the entire electrical, power, and ground junction from relay to EDIC motor. Also, does anyone know what the average vacuum pressure of a 3B intake is during ideal?

If you have the electrical diagram of the EDIC and its relay please post it here and shot me an email since I do not check this site every day. Once I figure out the wiring system on the EDIC, I will post my plans here.

Cheers

Mike

Email; noorkota@hotmail.com

Search for the wiring diagram on this forum, its been posted many times. Alternatively, search for an download the whole chassis FSM, which contains the same diagrams.

What do you need the vacuum measurement for?

I am building an electronic engine control for 3B so I need the know the intake manifold pressure during ideal.

I am building an electronic engine control for 3B so I need the know the intake manifold pressure during ideal.

Its next to nothing. This isn't a system for a gasser that you're adapting, is it?

There is probably more "suck" from the venturi for the IP.

Its next to nothing. This isn't a system for a gasser that you're adapting, is it?

There is probably more "suck" from the venturi for the IP.

How much suction do you think we can get off the venturi ?

Also there has to be a vacuum of some sort otherwise the diagram inside the injector pump will not work. The vacuum is not really a big problem for my project but it makes the job little easier.

How much suction do you think we can get off the venturi ?

Also there has to be a vacuum of some sort otherwise the diagram inside the injector pump will not work. The vacuum is not really a big problem for my project but it makes the job little easier.

Provided your application requires low mass flow (like a sensor as opposed to an actuator) then there is probably quite a bit of vacuum available. I don't recall ever seeing a spec for it in the FSM, but its possible I missed it, I'll look for you when I get home (unless someone beats me to it).

So what is this beastie going to be? Cruise control? Drive by wire? Details!

Nope, there are no specs for the venturi vacuum. Given that there is really no way for it to break or be adjusted, I guess thats no surprising. You'll have to measure it, but you'll also have to tee off the line as your engine will rev to the limiter if you pull the hose off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom