Question of what I need to do on my new 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 98 is starting to take shape. Joe Bear built me front and rear bumpers, sliders, roof rack, and front fender rail guards. I'm picking it up tomorrow from the paint shop and then I have to get my winch and lights hooked up. I was really happy with the armor Joe built and you can't beat his prices.

The 98 is starting to take shape. Joe Bear built me front and rear bumpers, sliders, roof rack, and front fender rail guards. I'm picking it up tomorrow from the paint shop and then I have to get my winch and lights hooked up. I was really happy with the armor Joe built and you can't beat his prices.

John,

That looks great, love the front bumper now off to power coat?

Lee, I couldn't find anyone to powder coat for a while so I'm painting it for now.

Thanks man

I went on and had everything painted, really happy with the results.

Looks great.

Thanks, Jynx

What looked great turned out to be crap. About 6 days after the bumpers were painted I started hooking up lights and winch, I stepped off the back bumper and my boot print was in the top of the rear bumper. I stared looking and everything was soft to the touch. I called my paint guy and he pulled the paint can and he said the paint on the inside of the lid was the same. Anyways, the paint company is going to give him his money back and pay him to strip and re-paint everything. This is the 3rd time I've used this painter and he's always done a great job and I know he'll stand behind it, even if he had to paint it out of his own pocket. I just hate it's put me behind on getting the work done.

Hey @10ga , I'm new to the area (Maryville here) and new to the offroad/LC scene. Do you do all your own repair/mod work on your LCs, or do you have a shop work on it? If you use a shop, who do you trust around here?

Thanks,
Tony

Tony, I have a friend that does everything except my fab work. The fab work is done by Joe Williams in Maryville, TN. If you need a name and number, shoot me a PM and I'll get that to you. I do some of the work but my work takes so much of my time I don't have time to do much. My friend can do mods or repair work and he's gotten really good on Land Cruisers. He has a 100 and an 80 series he's working on right now. He works out of his house so he's reasonable on price. Welcome to east TN, it's a great place to live if you enjoy the outdoors

Got another one..........LOL

Found another 98 with a lot less miles and in my favorite color over in Boone, NC. I added the Fox Wing awning and installed the Safari snorkel but that was all, everything else was done. The PO worked at Toyota in Boone and included a truck bed full on new in the box OEM parts including the Safari snorkel. It had the newer 100 18" wheels and Duratracs so I swapped out my 16's and new Nittos. The red 100 will be for sale or trade within the next week or so if anyone is looking for a 100. Wouldn't care to trade for a 40, 60, or locked 80. Finally talked my wife into the idea that we need more than one Land Cruiser so better make my move before she changes her mind.

Here's the new one

The old 100 with the 18" wheels

That is a nice hundy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom