Question: How to Remove Sunroof Sunshade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fzj80 1997

SILVER Star
Threads
I want to have my headliner redone on my 80 series with alcantara. The sunroof cassette is currently out of the truck for the repaint and welding up the roof rack holes. Has anybody removed the sunroof sunshade recently and can share some tips or can point me towards a thread explaining the process? I don’t want to break anything. Thanks.

Last edited:
Which model/year 80 series are you workign on and are you referring to the sliding door?

Photos would help.

Which model/year 80 series are you workign on and are you referring to the sliding door?

Photos would help.
Dude:

What's his signature name?

Sweet:

What's mine say?

This one’s a 95, but it’s the same part. I’m thinking that I need to remove the glass.

I want to have my headliner redone on my 80 series with alcantara. The sunroof cassette is currently out of the truck for the repaint and welding up the roof rack holes. Has anybody removed the sunroof sunshade recently and can share some tips or can point me towards a thread explaining the process? I don’t want to break anything. Thanks.
Drop the headliner. You'll see it.

According to this guy, the glass needs to come out to remove the shade. It’s talked about at 3:57

I hope I never have to deal with the sun roof. I doubt I will use it, 33 years old and to my knowledge, never been worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom