Question for Folks with Swing out Bumpers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a rear swing out bumper on order, but after a week mt biking in Southern Utah I'm wondering I really want one. I wouldn't be able to open with my bike rack mounted, which means I couldn't access the rear hatch where I would have my gear. I think id have to get a bike rack swing out attachment so I can swing out the bike rack, then the spare tire to access the back. Just curious what others are doing.

Same concern with towing a trailer. I was towing last night and accessed the rear hatch multiple times, I'm guess the swing outs would still operate with most trailers?

Easiest solution in your case is a spare tire mounted bike rack.

Towing Clearance would depend on your trailer setup and clearances

I got a bumper with dual swingouts for my last vehicle (Tacoma). Sold the bumper and went back to OEM about 2-3 months later. Swingouts are fine on a vehicle that you use only for camping, but they suck big time on a daily driver.

Which bumper and swing outs do you have on order? An option with Dissent Offroad’s bumper and swing outs is it can incorporate a rear hitch attachment to accommodate bike racks and such.

Which bumper and swing outs do you have on order? An option with Dissent Offroad’s bumper and swing outs is it can incorporate a rear hitch attachment to accommodate bike racks and such.
arb on order, but thinking of cancelling and going with slee. I would tow larger trailers too, so i'd rather have the hitch attachment in the frame of the vehicle - seems like a lot safer option.

I am a big fan of dissents bumpers. Great company to work with too. The ability to easily add and remove swing outs is super unique. The hitch is accessible and the trailer plug is integrated into the bumper.

Here's a recent thread discussing their rear bumper.

I am a big fan of dissents bumpers. Great company to work with too. The ability to easily add and remove swing outs is super unique. The hitch is accessible and the trailer plug is integrated into the bumper.

Here's a recent thread discussing their rear bumper.

yeah i have looked into the Dissent as well. Looks like a real nice product.

This is what i am considering for my Bike. They come in 3 different sizes.

rakattach.jpg

I have a Dissent rear bumper with swingout and an 1Up rack. I have to use an extender for the rack, and I can only swing the tire out when the rack is in the down, but not connected, position.

Last edited:
At Dissent off road we make two swing arm accessories for our rear bumpers (tray table and jerry can mount) that put a secondary hitch on the swing arm itself so you can swing out your bike rack to access the cargo area.

View attachment 2707140
aaah, now i see what @TLC2013 was talking about. How much weight can that swingout hold?

Also is that a little housing around the camera relocation to protect it? I'd be concerned about tearing that off. Although I guess anytime you're moving gear in and out the tailgate would be down covering that.

aaah, now i see what @TLC2013 was talking about. How much weight can that swingout hold?

Also is that a little housing around the camera relocation to protect it? I'd be concerned about tearing that off. Although I guess anytime you're moving gear in and out the tailgate would be down covering that.

I'll have to get back to you to see if we have actual weight numbers, but they are designed to hold considerable weight. Our 200 has a 35" tire on the tire carrier w/ table and our camp kitchen on the other arm (custom order piece) which is large enough to require a really well-engineered swing arm.

200-camp.jpg

i'll post a pic. totally off topic, you can get license plate in OREGON>??? that says work conquers all??? Figured it would be de obiceret dives

958A8A24-4B32-4D9B-90C8-D372279E5F5B.jpeg
09609B8D-EBAD-4AD8-9E37-F83035292779.jpeg
BA17A705-6CB1-4923-9CA7-64B400B8BD8B.jpeg
519511EC-E162-46E9-A586-FBF9D0D5DF36.jpeg

I can get the swing to open, but I have to far out on the rack. I may remove the bolt stops to see if get it to work in the normal position, but it generally works ok

5A41387D-12EC-4047-B49B-DEFB62E1C219.jpeg

I'll have to get back to you to see if we have actual weight numbers, but they are designed to hold considerable weight. Our 200 has a 35" tire on the tire carrier w/ table and our camp kitchen on the other arm (custom order piece) which is large enough to require a really well-engineered swing arm.

View attachment 2707265
holy transformers, batman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom