Question about light duty trailer.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to buy a small trailer to tote around our lifted GolfCart :cool:

Found a few new ones at Northern Tool pretty cheap ($350 complete with lighting), but I'm not sure how they go about registering one :confused:

Would they give me a temp tag or sumthin just to bring it home or do I need to go to the tag agency beforehand?

What would the average cost of registration and insurance be for one of these things?

Rick

I'm sure you could take it home... then register it.

However, I really want to see your lifted golf cart!

Drew

However, I really want to see your lifted golf cart!

Drew

It's not much, but for $300 bucks, it was a steal :grinpimp:

greengolfcartcarrier5.JPG

greengolfcartdaytwo.JPG

greengolfcartdaytwo2.JPG

greengolfcartdaytwo3.JPG

I have since painted the top and replaced the POS OEM controller for a heavy duty 400Amp model :cool:

I'll be adding a winch soon cause it takes us places the 80 just won't go :doh:

I love the FLEX! :D

Thanks for sharing... actually it flexes better than some J*&ps! ;)

Rezarf <><

Registration all depends on the state you are located. Are you buying the trailer at a Northern Tool Store or by mail order?

If buying from the store, the state may allow them to issue a temp tag if it is assembled.

If mail order, or if it comes from the store in a box, you should get the title signed over to you that you take to your DMV office for registration. Depending on state rules, they may need to inspect the trailer before issuing a tag. To do that you may need to make more than one trip - one to get a temp tag from DMV and another with the trailer for inspection.

I don't know of any state that requires insurance on a trailer, but what do I know? Usually the tow vehicle insurance covers the trailer.

Cheers,
Curtis

We have insurance on ours in MD and it is something like $10 per year. Really, the auto insurance will cover just about everything, but to register here, you must declare the insurer as well, or pay a hefty "uninsured" fee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom