Quad Lights on - LED suggestions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.rare-pops.com
Finally installed my quad headlights and was wondering if anyone had any good H1 led recommendations for the inner High beam.

Thanks!

image1 (3).jpeg

image0 (18).jpeg

UPDATE:
I found some 50w Amber (2000K) H1 bulbs to use in the inner high beams. This should be cool for now since I won't be going off the pavement for a while.
Thanks everyone.

IMG_6108.jpg

Last edited:
I use the sea light they are cheap and bright. I have had them on two different vehicles for over a year no problems. Which headlights are those?

Are y’all talking about trucks that came with factory quad lights or you’ve converted your trucks to quads? I was inquiring about the conversion to quads…

I'm probably gonna put something like this in my Aussie 80 to get rid of the quad lights

Screenshot_20210716-103030_eBay.jpg

I'm not a fan of the halo rings, but can leave them not wired up.
I like the clean look, and modern projector lenses.

I've tried a few upgrades with the old school quad lights from high output bright halogen globes, to all new modern glass lenses/reflectors. Tried HID inserts in a previous rig. All with lack lustre results for one reason or another.

I installed single piece lights similar to above in my hzj105 and the result in terms of lighting was impressive. Money well spent.
They transform the look of the front end too.

Plenty of Aussies seek upgrades to the piss poor quad lights.

Big question is why?

I'd much prefer a single piece unit like more modern vehicles from an appearance point of view.
The 4x7 lights aren't great in terms of beam output.
It’s not even close how much better the JW speaker led projectors are compared to the Depos they replaced (not to mention the minimal power draw) and the Depos were miles better than the stock headlights. I can’t stand the look of the ricey eBay projectors, only other option that’s worth it would be a Depo HID retrofit.

@Douglas S got a link for them? Sounds like you find a good product. I searched and kept coming up with doubtful options.

I quite like the single piece units so long as they are not too blingy
Its a cleaner more modern look than the quads IMO. Everyone has their own taste 👍

I'm probably gonna put something like this in my Aussie 80 to get rid of the quad lights

View attachment 2732357

I'm not a fan of the halo rings, but can leave them not wired up.
I like the clean look, and modern projector lenses.

I've tried a few upgrades with the old school quad lights from high output bright halogen globes, to all new modern glass lenses/reflectors. Tried HID inserts in a previous rig. All with lack lustre results for one reason or another.

I installed single piece lights similar to above in my hzj105 and the result in terms of lighting was impressive. Money well spent.
They transform the look of the front end too.

Plenty of Aussies seek upgrades to the piss poor quad lights.
Thanks @mudgudgeon! That’s great perspective from your market. WTH are we thinking wanting to go with quads 🤷🏻‍♂️. Maybe we just want to be more like the Aussies!?

From what you described though, have you tried LED’s in that configuration? Not the first time I’ve heard of the JW Speaker options…especially from guys with 62’s in the US.

Thanks @mudgudgeon! That’s great perspective from your market. WTH are we thinking wanting to go with quads 🤷🏻‍♂️. Maybe we just want to be more like the Aussies!?

From what you described though, have you tried LED’s in that configuration? Not the first time I’ve heard of the JW Speaker options…especially from guys with 62’s in the US.

Have not tried LEDs. The JW Speaker one do look well made.
funny, I don't like the look of them though. Too busy, too much going on in the lenses.

I think the quads factory setup is kind of janky, they aren't the easiest to adjust focus/position, and lenses don't sit in there very precisely.
Swapping in newer style reflectors etc to me has seemed kind of half baked. :meh:

I do think the quads are kind of old school and iconic in appearance

Have not tried LEDs. The JW Speaker one do look well made.
funny, I don't like the look of them though. Too busy, too much going on in the lenses.

I think the quads factory setup is kind of janky, they aren't the easiest to adjust focus/position, and lenses don't sit in there very precisely.
Swapping in newer style reflectors etc to me has seemed kind of half baked. :meh:

I do think the quads are kind of old school and iconic in appearance
Apropos of nothing but I had JW Speaker lights in my JK, great lights IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom