Q's On Running Steering With SOA... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning my SOA conversion, still gathering some parts. Just wondering if I can run it with the Hy-steer setup to the stock manual steering on a 74 FJ40. I will be running the saginaw setup sooner or later, just wondering if I can make do for now with the stock steering, as I have the new draglink to go on the SOA? I'm not sure if this has a GM tie rod end or not(I bought the whole setup used)

I did the SOA on mine and then didn't do the power steering until the next year. It should work fine with manual steering. I do recommend doing the power conversion, but if you can't do it now, do it later.

Do the power steering first. I will make a world of difference and is not the expensiive. Best thing I did to my cruiser 8 years ago.

Yes huge difference. Plus you will spend more money on it in the long run if you switch later. Just do it, it is not that hard... :)

Do it all at once - PS plates are best if both frame horns are boxed and the frame really beefed up, then you can decide on shackle reversal all at the same time to get your ride height and caster dialed in from the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom