PWM compared to MPPT controllers ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I meant the Phosphate ones not the Polymer ones. The former has the lower 3.2 voltage as I stated, IIANM. Sloppy abbreviation, sorry. Especially since "Lithium Polymer" is used for 2 types of different chemistries too. But talking about semantics, I thought that the Phosphate ones are strictly speaking also a type a Lithium ion, aren't they?

Well, obviously they all use lithium and ions, but the chemical make up is significantly different and hence their voltage profiles and stability. There are also lithium cobalt batteries. Lithium is just one aspect...

cheers,
george.

... and aluminum lithium, titanium lithium ...

exciting to see battery technology moving in new directions.

It isn't that hard to make a power supply that will accept 6 to 36 VDC input. It then works across a wide range of vehicle power supply voltages.

I make all my general DC input power supply circuits to handle that range. That way I can power them with solar panels, any 12 to 24VDC battery banks, or even surplus laptop power supplies.

wonder what will happen to all those controllers when in a few years from now we see new technology for batteries (starting with LiIon maybe?) becoming prevalent for vehicles... Seriously, flooded lead acid has been around for too long...

the real problem is that flooded lead acid cell batteries are getting harder to find...

It isn't that hard to make a power supply that will accept 6 to 36 VDC input. It then works across a wide range of vehicle power supply voltages.

I make all my general DC input power supply circuits to handle that range. That way I can power them with solar panels, any 12 to 24VDC battery banks, or even surplus laptop power supplies.

I need a 120 vac - 12 vdc regulated power supply circuit for my arduino controlled pneumatic joint press at work. you got a schematic for that one?

I need a 120 vac - 12 vdc regulated power supply circuit for my arduino controlled pneumatic joint press at work. you got a schematic for that one?
Just buy one. You can't beat the cost making it yourself. Also I don't bother designing AC power supplies myself. So many regulations you have to follow now. I only do DC to DC, and often I'll use a powersupply module to do it. I can't beat the cost unless the device is made in 10,000 plus quantities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom