Put pictures of the wheels you have in yours 80 series (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another Fifteen52 Analog 17" rattle canned in rustic white.

20230414_163435.jpg

I believe I posted my wheels some time ago, powder coated semi gloss black OEM wheels.

Well, 2 years later, the powder is flaking and peeling from the wheel mounting surface with some chips on the end of the spoke towards the center.

Whats the move here? Anyone else who has coated their stock wheels, would you just bead blast at this point and paint?

Wow. That’s the exact functionality I’m go for. Perfect 👍

What is the lift? Im running OME 850/860 combo.
Thanks.
Running the OME heavy load level stance springs. Bought from Cruiser Outfitters @cruiseroutfit

OME 2850J fronts with 60070L Nitrochargers
OME 2863 rears with 60071 Nitrochargers

@MtnAddict do you remember a center hub to fender flare measurement on your lift? Im curious how the 850/860 compares.
I don’t remember the measurements before current wheels and tires and with the new wheels being deep its hard to get an accurate measurement on the hub. I believe I am sitting at about 22 1/2 FR/RR.

For comparison, I'm on 863J rear, and 850J front w/ 2" spacer to make it level (no bumpers, and it came with this setup). I am at about 4.5" ie 24.5" or so, hub to flare, F & R.

Planning to drop to the 860 rear and remove front spacer, netting me 2.5" as above, with a slightly less stiff ride as I'm unloaded.

For comparison, I'm on 863J rear, and 850J front w/ 2" spacer to make it level (no bumpers, and it came with this setup). I am at about 4.5" ie 24.5" or so, hub to flare, F & R.

Planning to drop to the 860 rear and remove front spacer, netting me 2.5" as above, with a slightly less stiff ride as I'm unloaded.
So, I currently have Slee front bumper with winch and rear drawers (full) and full size 35 sitting on top . These measurements are before my 4x4 labs rear install in next few weeks. Hoping I stay “level”

I believe I posted my wheels some time ago, powder coated semi gloss black OEM wheels.

Well, 2 years later, the powder is flaking and peeling from the wheel mounting surface with some chips on the end of the spoke towards the center.

Whats the move here? Anyone else who has coated their stock wheels, would you just bead blast at this point and paint?
I'm not a fan of powder for this reason. While rattle can is significantly less durable, I can correct surface scratches/blemishes and respray wheels at home. I rattle canned my 4x4Labs bumper and rock sliders for the very same reason. Both have been resprayed at least once.

The original owner of my Cruiser rattle canned the wheels black however they are overdue for a refinish. I will be chemically stripping them (tires on) and respraying them black but haven't decided on matte, semi-gloss, or gloss.

I'm not a fan of powder for this reason. While rattle can is significantly less durable, I can correct surface scratches/blemishes and respray wheels at home. I rattle canned my 4x4Labs bumper and rock sliders for the very same reason. Both have been resprayed at least once.

The original owner of my Cruiser rattle canned the wheels black however they are overdue for a refinish. I will be chemically stripping them (tires on) and respraying them black but haven't decided on matte, semi-gloss, or gloss.

I’ve only seen powder coat flake off due to either significant age or poor application. I run powder on skids, sliders, bumpers etc and have been able to do touch ups with black textured rustoleum. Might just be a s***ty powder coater. To each their own.

How much lift is on your rig? I was thinking Dobinson's 2", but yours looks a little taller (and great!).
Thanks, I just have the OME heavy springs. It does rub just a little in the rear at full stuff.

17” method 305’s
37” bfg km3’s
Suspension consists of Dobinsons cv97 vt144 and 145s
Paired up with delta and slee parts
IMG_7028.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve only seen powder coat flake off due to either significant age or poor application. I run powder on skids, sliders, bumpers etc and have been able to do touch ups with black textured rustoleum. Might just be a s***ty powder coater. To each their own.

Same. Some of the most respected and renowned wheel companies on earth powder coat for their durability and even finish. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom