Pushing My Rigs to the limit(Picture Thread) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The steelies you see in my setup are 17 inch, they are manufactured by toyota mainly for the 70 series line up. We like them because of their offset position. They are inside meaning extra uptravel, no hitting the body + steel bends unlike alloy. I can just hammer it back.

17" steelies are exactly what i'm looking for. I can find 18's easily here but not 17's. Do you happen to have a part number so I can try and find them here?

it appears you have forged rear lower control arms? Where did you get those?

it appears you have forged rear lower control arms? Where did you get those?
Just a skid plate that came with the secondary ICON shock kit. Nothing special. I like the stock lower arm. Never had a problem with it, lighter then other brands.

Ohh, I remember my first ever jump with a land cruiser 2 years ago. Had radflo shocks at the time.

Air1.png

Air2.png

Landing.png

Awesome, just awesome.

Looks like your LC has integrated sidesteps like LX570s have int he states? Rather than the separate side sill and steps?

Love the aerial acrobatics. Who would have thought that she could take flight so elegantly. Lighter is really better. Even on a big girl.

Do you have any problems with the stock front bump stops? Or are you using something else entirely?

Having been under my truck they seem somewhat flimsy given what some people are now putting them through.

Wow! Some great pics! How fast are you typically going and are these just dunes or a course of some type? Fully Stock motor? Also, truck looks great with all of your "controlled abuse"

Do you have any problems with the stock front bump stops? Or are you using something else entirely?

Having been under my truck they seem somewhat flimsy given what some people are now putting them through.

Stock bump stops work fine. I tried running King bump stops (2inchs of travel) and they did not work well since the lower arm had just half an inch of gap. This made it ride unnecessarily harsh.

Wow! Some great pics! How fast are you typically going and are these just dunes or a course of some type? Fully Stock motor? Also, truck looks great with all of your "controlled abuse"
Thank you :D, Usually drive around 30-80 miles per hour, depends, big hits ahead = stopi, flat terrain ahead = floor it.

Nothing as epic as @ToyotaIsLife but here's my contribution to airborne LC's...
PEDTpyx.png

DxEfylZ.png

0h31ajj.png
Ahh, the king shock demonstration video. Well done. Im not sure why these guys used a boxed lower arms. They are extremely expensive, heavy and useless. The stock ones handle all the abuse you can throw at it and when it finally breaks only 100 dollars for the pair.

UNLESS your going long travel, u need them (track width blah blah...)

New valving on the front end. Much much better then standard for my application. Still planning to tweak it some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom