Push to start/passive key locks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is my first post here so bare with me. Partol Car Alarm System Push Start System Smart Key PKE Car Security Alarm Passive Keyless Entry Engine Start Stop Push Button Remote Starter Shock Sensor Alarm Universal for Most 12V Cars https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KR1M9CC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_DAE3P82JAVCA67CBG5PP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
This is the system I bought. There are hundreds on eBay and Amazon, Id shop around and look at reviews cause currently my remote start does work and i don’t know how to get it to work.
Next, to take it apart I used Dashboard Removal and Install - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/dashboard-removal-and-install.1225839/
#2, #4 (just the stereo part), #6 and just the first step of #7.
Now insert your key, turn to ACC, push the button in underneath and pull on your key to pull the ignition rod.
280074F1-B24E-48DB-9A2A-3A3E8D3E86F3.jpeg

Next remove ignition plug which is underneath the ignition cylinder and follow it back towards the engine bay.
248017D3-BF71-47AB-8631-078E717B6D10.jpeg
E3059FB1-953E-443B-B37C-FF5A560CDA48.jpeg

At this time, in the ignition cylinder there is a brass tab, I turned it all the way clockwise to the ON position to make sure any bumps or vibrations won’t turn it from the ACC to the OFF position cause that will lock up your steering. Just use a needle nose to turn it.

Next I cut the ignition harness connector plug and wired up the corresponding wires from the push to start module. I thought about tapping into the wires and keeping the plug, plugged in but I was unsure what that would do and if it would cause any issues.
B97ABA33-534B-4388-9E22-0F5353431DA9.jpeg

There are two 12v constant. I only use the red and black one. Again I’m unsure what would happen if you used the other one or both, I will most likely go back and attached the other 12v wire.

Next, I set up the old transponder, immobilized and ignition ring. I took off the light bulb from the ignition ring and disconnected it lower in the wire path. Then took the clear part off the ignition ring.
76568F18-A697-4787-94ED-0D7FFD10FA6F.jpeg

Then your going to have to dig out the immobilized from your key. I then tested it on several parts of the ignition ring and super glued it. It may be trial and error. I test fitted it and it would work then when I glued it, it wouldn’t so just give it time.
392FE15E-8981-43D6-9E87-1C29B5AB378F.jpeg

I then glued and siliconed my push to start button to the ignition ring.
497154F1-92D4-409C-AFCD-EB8D7D9AA04D.jpeg

Just slightly crooked! Whoops!
Your system will have a new transponder ring or antennas for your new key fobs/immobilized. Some come with rings that go around the button, some come with antennas like mine. Gluing to the ignition ring may not work with a transponder ring but I’m not sure.
Then plug it back in and test start it, you may have to plug in the transponder antenna real quick to the control module to get the module to unlock, you will also have to long hold the button since it’s not connected to the brake yet.
I then ran the push to start button wire into the barrel, drilled a 1/2” into the barrel and ran it out and down to the module. The blue mark is approximately where I drilled.
3A00C165-C22C-42FB-BD93-6DA5476C4E22.jpeg
9106C3F0-4625-4D6D-BD6A-9BE7091508B1.jpeg

Then your going to have to dig out the immobilized from your key. I then tested it on several parts of the ignition ring and super glued it. It may be trial and error. I test fitted it and it would work then when I glued it, it wouldn’t so just give it time. View attachment 2976966
I then glued and siliconed my push to start button to the ignition ring.
View attachment 2976969
Just slightly crooked! Whoops!
Your system will have a new transponder ring or antennas for your new key fobs/immobilized. Some come with rings that go around the button, some come with antennas like mine. Gluing to the ignition ring may not work with a transponder ring but I’m not sure.
Then plug it back in and test start it, you may have to plug in the transponder antenna real quick to the control module to get the module to unlock, you will also have to long hold the button since it’s not connected to the brake yet.
I then ran the push to start button wire into the barrel, drilled a 1/2” into the barrel and ran it out and down to the module. The blue mark is approximately where I drilled.
View attachment 2976974

Now to hook up the new transponder antenna. Again yours might be a little different, there are a couple different styles. This is mine.
D34C8E94-31DF-48DF-816A-7DCC550C7F29.jpeg

I stuck them in the pillar between the front and back seat inside the trim.
664F173C-0000-4F2A-AEB9-13CE26A70054.jpeg

I’m not sure if it matter which way they face, I have mine stuck in the body facing in as opposed to sticking it on the trim and facing out, so that’s for you to decide.
Route the wire down and under the door seal trim and carpet.
2EB5FEC8-A614-4ED6-886F-864B53B0D364.jpeg

Do the same for the other side except I ran the wire under the glove box area, up into/ behind the stereo area and then down to the the module which I have mounted on another module of some sort to the left of the brake pedal. I’ll have to get a picture of it.

Now finally wiring into the brakes and locks.
This is the wire bundle from my system.
BB8AA064-971F-482C-93B5-86C02910CDF0.jpeg

The instructions had none of the colors correct for this bundle so for this specific system:
White=brake
Green=lock
Red=unlock

The plug and the white wire below is the brake wire that you just tap in the white wire from the module. This allows you to turn the power on to the car without having to start it and then if you want to start it, press the brake and push to start.

2CC6364E-6D57-4313-9AC0-1D901B9C8A78.jpeg

There are many ways and locations to tap into the locks. 1 location under the driver side of the dash, 1 location in the driver side kicker panel, and another in the passenger side kicker panel. I found the passenger side one worked the best, the other ones didn’t work as well.
86FFB965-70E2-4EF9-81A7-9373C7244952.jpeg

This is the passenger side kicker panel. Connect the lock to the Blue/White wire and the unlock to the Green/Black wire.

It does unlock and lock all the doors so that is a con and then it doesn’t do the chirp anymore for the lx’s. You might be able to tap into the chirp wires but I don’t know where they are.

Then put it back together and that’s about it.

Thanks for the write up! I’ll be doing mine this weekend. The reason your remote start does not work is you need a bypass module that mimics the key being present in the car. Any PKE system that offers remote start requires one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom