Key Code Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been to two dealers with my proof of ownership and they will not provide me the key code. They told me they can cut a key and program everything for me if I purchase from them, but that Toyota doesn’t allow them to give out the code to owners? Any suggestions before pulling the lock cylinder on the passenger side? I would like to get new remote key fobs with precut keys for my 2000 LC. Something that does not cost $300 from the dealer. That’s outrageous….i was looking at Luxious Flip Keys. Honestly I just want remote fobs that have decent range.

Sounds like from searching the threads that most haven’t had an issue getting the code with proof of ownership.

Thank you!

Must be new policy, as I have walked away with key code and taken to locksmith. But was a few years ago.

You can take a working key, I assume you have one. Then have duplicate cut, by old key. Newish key cutting machine, compensate for old key wear.

Personally, I buy keys at Dealership. They cut for free when I do.

Also call around. Some locksmith, come to you. They supply key or use yours, cut and program. Some are very reasonable in pricing.

Thanks. Yes, I have two keys that work perfectly. No remotes unfortunately. I was hoping to have an all in one without spending too much. I don’t care about the remote, but I know my Wife would appreciate the remote.

If one of those keys is black, it may be a master. Then you can program immobilizer chip easy. If security light goes OFF (no delay going off, no blinking), the instant you just start to press key (open gate) in the IG SW. You've a master.

The FOB has wireless transmitter for door locks, which is run off its battery. It's just for door locks and is programed without need for master. In addition FOB separately houses, a Immobilizer chip.

Thank you! I have a black master key and a valet. Master has no delay with the light and the valet has a 2 second delay. I really just want a really good remote fob to add with them without spending $300 per fob from the dealer. The aftermarket fob I programmed had no range (less than 1 foot from the door). I can’t seem to find an aftermarket fob that has a decent range.

Thank you! I have a black master key and a valet. Master has no delay with the light and the valet has a 2 second delay. I really just want a really good remote fob to add with them without spending $300 per fob from the dealer. The aftermarket fob I programmed had no range (less than 1 foot from the door). I can’t seem to find an aftermarket fob that has a decent range.
With master, you'll easily program/register additional immobilizer chips.

I buy used OEM master & OEM FOBs, from ebay or anywhere I find them.

Make sure to check part numbers, for LX and LC FOBs for your year. If you want both the FOB (doors) and immobilizer chip to work. I'm 98% sure 98-02 LX is same as LC. This one should work, but do your homework.
99 LX 60010 FOB works for 03 doors not immob .JPEG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom