purchasing kits (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone had experience (good/bad) on ordering kits through man-a-fre or cool cruisers. Spesicificily the wheel bering/hub kit and the break kits. I know my truck needs these replaced but I don't want to have the local shop try and source the parts needed and I wanted to see what you all thought about them.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
You won't go wrong with Cruiser Outfitters. Kurt Williams is a good man.

I have no experience with Man-a-fre, so cannot tell you about them.

Regards!

I don't think anyone makes a bad knuckle rebuild kit

I am a great fan of Kurt tho.

And, no matter what, get the Marlin inner axle seals to complete the job.

For my 62 I've bought and installed the Man-a-Fre knuckle with wheel bearing kit and it has worked fine. Also bought the cheap rotors both from Man-a-Fre and from my local parts guy and was never happy with them - tend to wear very fast and quickly develop a herky-jerky kinda stopping. Recently I installed Wagner rotors (about $50) and Wagner pads (about $50) and they are very good. Nice and smooth.

Why have a shop do it? Replacing the rotors, bearings, and a caliper rebuild are pretty straight forward and there are plenty of threads here to help.

im having a shop do it becasue i dont have the tools nor space to work on my truck. im thinking of getting the knuckle kit from man a fre and getting the HD seals from marlin like mace said, then goin to cool cruisers to get there break kit because noting on my truck has probably ever been replaced and then just try and get the rotors that are on there resurfaced.

I would make sure you understand what you are geting in your kit, in terms of quality of the part used. You want good quality parts to ensure your truck steers and brakes properly. Inexpensive kits often contain cheap parts.

X2. I just ordered some a few minutes ago! These seals are beefier and more flexible than the stock Toyota units. IMHO, they are a good product. Marlin sells a nice seal driver, too.

:)

Cruiseroutfitters.com

Serious, Kurt is good people and in the last 10 years I have spent thousands with his company. In fact, my Saginaw steering and my shackle reversal are both from Crusier Outfitters and it is beefy.

Oh and X3 or 4 or whatever on the Marlin seals.

i called yesterday and was told by the guy that answers the phone that your kits dont work for fj60's im kinda bummed now cause i just baught the kit from man a fre. well does your rear axle seal kit work for the fj60?

Last edited:
how long till the website is updated to order the front axle kit? i just canceled my order with man a fre because your kit is less expensive and seems to have better components.

Thank you for the info and help. It is much appreciated.

I don't think anyone makes a bad knuckle rebuild kit

I am a great fan of Kurt tho.

I was just telling someone else this exact thing a few minutes ago. sooo...

i agree 100%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom