Purchasing a Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at purchasing a winch during the upcoming Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
Its been a long time since I looked at winches and was shocked at the prices.
I am looking to replace the Ironman 4x4 winch on my '93 PZJ75.
Considered several Warn winches, but most are 3-5 times more money.
This is the winch I am looking at :

WARN 103252 VR EVO Series Winch 10,000lb with Steel Cable

warn-103252-vr-evo-10-series-10000lb-winch-steel-cable.jpg

Experiences and recommendations of what and where to purchase are welcome.

Thanks....

I frankly think the best bang for the buck is a used warn.

Thanks for your response.....
While the purchase of a used Warn is a great idea.... my truck is in the PI and there is difficulty in procuring spare parts.
The above winch is sealed for use in high moisture areas (PI has heavy rains) and has a warranty of 7 years.

Are there any recommendations where to get a good deal on a Warn winch during the Black Friday or Cyber Monday sales ?
4wheel parts has it for $508 plus free shipping. Also Summit has similar.

I am eyeing this same winch for the 100 ARB bumper slot

Saw this on MT site.
Looks like a deal but not familar with how Engo holds up

Aren’t RUNVA popular winches in PI? Certainly less money, I have an 11500 XPS on the rear
of my 60 and it’s never let me down. Are you running 12V or 24V there?

Never heard of the RUNVA, but I will ask around.
My PZJ75 has a 12V charging system.
In September the alternator went bad so I replaced the 55A with a 80A alternator.

Was hoping to find an 8274 or similar that I could rebuild for cheap but even the worst condition Warns are posted for about $1000 here. Rebuilt 8274 on cl for $1700..

I'm thinking that Evo 10,000 might be my best bet too.

8274's were going for $300 to $500 here used but now between $800 to $1000 which is way to much for a 35+ year old winch that probably leaked out its oil and a good chance its rusty inside needing a full rebuild....$$

Quick search

Quick search

Thanks for the links to purchasing winches in the PI.
When I return to the PI in the next few months I will go into Manila with a nephew to purchase an HC winch.
Having the nephew with me will get me the Pinoy price instead of the Kano price (marked up 30-50%).

Hey, I just found the links. Not sure who they paid off, or how they get around a brand name.

They just do it. Then again, if you look at the company who makes these winches, they use photos of Jeeps with our winches on them. :rolleyes:

Hey, I just found the links. Not sure who they paid off, or how they get around a brand name.
They just do it. Then again, if you look at the company who makes these winches, they use photos of Jeeps with our winches on them. :rolleyes:

There are many foreign companies (including some Chinese) that don't give two sh!ts about U.S. patent law, copyright law, or property rights in general. They know that it's essentially unenforceable in their country.

Besides, liberating the name "Zeon" saves them from having to translate their advertising into Engrish something like "Great Five Year Leap Forward People's Winch".

We've been a MUD sponsor for a long time; great place. And thank you for your patronage!

- Andy
My 3rd warn now. Just can't seem to go a different direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom