Builds pulling the trigger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

finally got a chance to wire the bed lights to a switch (in the pic above, i was using a power pack to fire them up). got three of eight holes drilled to finish the slee slider install before my drill bits all got pissed off at me and, a couple weeks ago, got the front windows tinted to match
20180214_172530.jpg

couple of weeks ago, i added the turd sway bar, also got rid of the crappy quake leds i put in the grill and went to a rigid behind the grill
20180208_164825.jpg
20180304_142816.jpg
20180304_145525.jpg
20180304_145433.jpg

had an issue with my truck showing a low tire code. turns out the tire i had rotated to the spare was low. it was leaking from the dang sensor!!WUW##&$%^%# never had issues like that will good ole reliable rubber valve stems. f'n government!!!!
20180203_172742 (1).jpg

been a long time since i updated this thread. the raffle rig has kept me busy...only a month more and it's gone!!!
34157732_10212134893383669_5705440852428455936_n.jpg

i put some seat covers in to protect the pretty cloth, i've wracked up over 20k miles!!! put some 3m film on the headlights in hopes it will slow the plastic hazing from the uv rays (the truck is outside 24/7/365).

i put brake pads on...apparently it was time
20181007_141459.jpg

i had bought a new ham for fat bastard, so that meant my old yaesu could go in project floodwater...but since i don't use it daily, i didn't want to stare at it. it clips out easily enough, so it's "now you see it, now you don't"
20180925_184021.jpg
20180925_183950.jpg

there's a lot of silver double cabs around, so i needed just a faint bit of flash
20181007_162136.jpg

most recently, i completed a major mod to help with the "e" frustration....the 26 gallon tank is ready to go bye bye and the optional 38 gallon tank that 2015 and ons could get is in! but before i could install it, i had to repair my rear bumper after a minor incident with a bent over piece of steel, the dark and a tired and pissed off me...d'oh!!!!
20181026_074758.jpg

you almost can't tell
20181027_121228.jpg

still waiting to get paid before filling this bad boy up
20181027_134805.jpg

I wish my new to me in June 2015 had the big tank like that.

Nice truck !

thank you

adapting the big tank in the 2015s should be considerably easier. everyone says the frame is predrilled for the crossmember already.

you need to buy front crossmember, tank, front strap, pin, and bolt and that should be it if you don't break anything. there are heat shields, but i have found most don't put those on. i may try to add part of my old one in the front since the exhaust is right there, but i don't see a need anywhere else and most don't add them at all. one guy said you have to change the middle strap too (it is a different part number), but i found the one on mine was the same length and worked just fine. when i ordered the tank, i was told they were discontinued and that there were 41 left, so you have a little time.

most recently, i completed a major mod to help with the "e" frustration....the 26 gallon tank is ready to go bye bye and the optional 38 gallon tank that 2015 and ons could get is in! but before i could install it, i had to repair my rear bumper after a minor incident with a bent over piece of steel, the dark and a tired and pissed off me...d'oh!!!!
View attachment 1822011

you almost can't tell
View attachment 1822014

still waiting to get paid before filling this bad boy up
View attachment 1822015

Can you share the cost of the larger tank?

just over $1k shipped to me. would've been about the same if i bought it from my local dealer by the time i paid taxes.

i spent about $500 more on the misc stuff, but didn't use some of it.

during my accidental wheeling trip last year, i "clearanced" my engine splash guard. i decided i needed something a little bit stronger.
20181102_180140.jpg

I like that pan, I was only aware of the Bud-Built units (and they have one for my BDS (I think) 6” lift / diff drop.

I’ll check these guys too, my old OE skidplate went MIA somewhere prior to me buying. And anything will beat the nothing I have ATM.

Between having @bjowett oilfilter cap with the Fumoto valve,
- & that skidplate cutout, oil changes would be as painless as could be.

That 38g tank is tops on my list though, I may have to bug you for PN#’s at some point if I don’t see any at the junkyard.

since i want to get the back up camera working on a monitor my old eyes can see, i made the first step today. amazing how complicated radios have gotten recently. i've installed radios in all my cars for decades, but this one i dreaded. then trying to cram all this crap behind the stereo was interesting.

i wish toyota would go back to dashes that bolt in...the clip in seems great, but i'm still not sure i got stuff lined up correctly and i broke one tab off a panel and shattered a clip. :( also added a ram ball mount in place of the lower grab handle bolt.

Been a while since I've updated. Really haven't done much except drive the pics piss of it, but while working around the farm, I trashed the oe style bumper I put on last year to replace the trashed oe bumper...time to step up, but I don't like a lot of the styles and I learned with the front winch plate that going with a high dollar big name bumper doesn't mean quality, so I got a hookie off road bumper for just under $500.

Installation was super easy and it fit well and looked good. For.budget conscious or rigs that are.lookers not wheelers it's a great option. Just don't use the tow points even for the smallest pulls :( we had a huge snow storm and I needed a tug to get out of the lot at work. This was by no.meama a hard pull.

A couple days later, I noticed the bumper.was crooked. I assumed I didn't line it up. Nope...apparently the bracket bent during the light pull

At some point, I'll have to pull the bumper, inspect.it, and reinforce the brackets, for now, I adjusted it all the way forward so it doesn't look as bad

20210404_115330.jpg

20210404_120120.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom