Builds pulling the trigger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thanks g-cat. it was. a comfortable rig for long distance. much more streetable than my 80. work and tow rig. and capable in a hairy situation

finally got the camera mounted in the overhead console and did a bit of work underneath coating it with fluid film for the winter.
20171119_144230.jpg

Awesome truck! I just picked up an 07' Double Cab with a 5.7L, 4x4, console shift, etc. So far I love it. I ordered some Carhartt seat covers and husky liners for the floors.

I know these all have tons of options. Here is what mine has (at least what I have noticed):

TRD package (bilstein shocks)

6 speed auto transmission with heavy duty cooler and dash gauge for trans temp and RPMs)

I have Vinyl seats or some kind of composite material. (I thought it was leather at first)

Do all Tundras have so much internal storage? Mine has card holders, a file holder in the console, pen holder, multiple glasses holders on the roof console)?

I have two buckets up front and the 60/40 split in the back with no flip down arm rest.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 12.02.31 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 12.01.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 12.01.49 AM.png

TRD package (bilstein shocks)
how do you like the bilsteins? do you have bed bounce issues on concrete roads? i'd like to reduce that on mine.

Do all Tundras have so much internal storage? Mine has card holders, a file holder in the console, pen holder, multiple glasses holders on the roof console)?

I have two buckets up front and the 60/40 split in the back with no flip down arm rest.

i have the bench seat with small overhead console, not buckets, but yeah, i have storage galore. on back on center front seat, i have two storage compartments and two drink holders, bottom of center seat flips up for storage, double drink holder on back of center front seat, door pockets in all four doors, plus little compartments under armrests on front doors, double drink holder in dash, dual glove boxes, and a sunglass and card holder in overhead console, plus the storage under the rear seat. it's pretty nice. oddly though, i could use a little bit more storage. ;)

Haha yes, so..... much....storage! I dig it, but you can never have too much right?

I don't have issues on concrete at all and these shocks are 9 years old. The only issues I have faced with "bounce" is when I'm going slow and hit a speed bump; if I keep my foot on the gas it will press and surge as I go over it. I'm not used to the throttle response yet and the 5.7 is powerful for sure.

If you give me some examples I will try to duplicate the situation and I'll let you know how it feels.

concrete roads make longer whellbases (and laden 80 series with slinky stage1 kits) experience horrible bucking at certain speeds on concrete roads. like death wobble, it's hard to explain , but of you experience it, you'll know

sadly no, i haven't really gotten to test them out. friday, i towed the raffle rig 130 miles to Tomken...saturday i put the air bags on...d'oh

@nuclearlemon
Hi Ige, how are you liking those Cooper tires? I just picked up a new Sequoia to haul the family around and the stock 20" wheels and tires need to go. Im looking to step down to 17's or 18's wheels with 33-34" tires.

like them. have the stt pros on my 80, which is part of why i decided on these. haven't had them off road yet since the rig is not for that, but suspect they will work awesome.

did get some slee side steps mounted up today. still have to drill 8 holes and get the last bolts installed, but drilling frame sucks, especially when your rig isn't tall enough to get the drill under ;) really didn't want to spend this much, but didn't want tube sliders and for some reason sliders of any sort for tundras are as hideously priced as land cruiser stuff.
20171216_192412.jpg

@nuclearlemon Could you give some details on those air bags. Looks like they would work for me too.

they are the firestone ride rite kit. stupid easy install. worst part was cutting the old bump stops off. i haven't had a chance to tow with them yet, hopefully they'll help with the wild suspension handling at speeds. hopefully tomken will get the raffle rig done soon andi'll have to tow it home from bv and test the air bags

Good call on the bags, M - I flat love mine when I have the boat (or the 'general crap' -trailer) in tow.

Tongue weight isn't anything over norm, but being able to stiffen the rear is a winner, esp when I run S on I-5 & have to do Seattle traffic.

IDK what you did with your air connections, buddy suggested routing them back to the license plate area for ease of airing/deflate - on my 'to do' list.
He mentioned guys make the valves act like the plate bolts - so I'm guessing a bulkhead style valve stem(???).

IDK what you did with your air connections, buddy suggested routing them back to the license plate area for ease of airing/deflate - on my 'to do' list.
He mentioned guys make the valves act like the plate bolts - so I'm guessing a bulkhead style valve stem(???).
i have a thick license plate cover, so the valves that came with it wouldn't have been deep enough to use as lp bolts, but easy enough to drill the plastic
20180103_110507.jpg
20180103_110517.jpg

Slick install! :grinpimp::grinpimp:

Will the Air bags effect articulation? TIA

They do when inflated, aside from that/deflated I can't speak for hers but mine don't as I have a BDS lift that is stiffer in the rear, relies on the IFS to flex.

-So exactly the opposite of an 80-

Will the Air bags effect articulation? TIA

They do when inflated, aside from that/deflated I can't speak for hers but mine don't as I have a BDS lift that is stiffer in the rear, relies on the IFS to flex.
-

deflated, only a bit on compression. the daystar bases mean that the bottom is not captured, so i should have the same droop i would've had without them

and god said "let there be light"
20180119_183114.jpg

ok, well maybe not god, but i did. when you're old, you're blind and the biggest help is light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom