Pulled the trigger on a new set of globes… have you? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Haha I wish, my globes are toast 2013 with 64k on the clock. Lived in southern Florida it’s life so I’m wondering if the heat maybe was an impact too on life span, I guess for $530 to totally refresh, assuming it works, the suspension isn’t too bad. But I can 100% day my globes damper like s***
Wait! Stop the bus! You’re saying that Teckis300 is exaggerating stuff, like how Lexus LX handles like his 911 TT?! No!! Not Teckis300!

Wait! Stop the bus! You’re saying that Teckis300 is exaggerating stuff, like how Lexus LX handles like his 911 TT?! No!! Not Teckis300!
Not throwing anyone under the bus here other then Lexus for having a car that drives like this 😂

I think a lot of the ride quality complains come from LT tires not worn out AHC accumulators. 20’s with LT tires are like riding on bricks.

I notice a a huge difference in ride quality when I go from my summer 33” LT K02s on 17’s to my 31” Winter Hakka p metrics on 18’s.
This would make sense. I changed out my accumulators and put in fresh fluid within the last month and a half. While the ride is slightly improved, its not exactly as compliant as I would have thought. And I have LT Toyo AT3s on the stock 20s. Again the ride isn't bad, but I'm thinking my tires make the truck feel stiffer and less dampened that it otherwise would be.

Temporarily lower the LTs to OE tire pressures to see if it is caused by tires. The sidewalls will be stiffer but that’s nothing compared to what an extra 10psi does for tire spring rate (compliance).

Just do your testing on a closed course. Not safe to run like this long term.

Your negativity and petty approach is exhausting. Life must be real tough.

Your negativity and petty approach is exhausting. Life must be real tough.
It is. That is why i own a LC instead of LX. Can’t afford the good stuff in life.

It is. That is why i own a LC instead of LX. Can’t afford the good stuff in life.
Hey let’s not lose sight of the real issue here, that my 06 4Runner with 186k rides smoother then this LX…

What if it’s worse after new globes, zero air in the system, I’ve flushed it so many times, even the 5th accumulator.

Zero difference old globes vs new globes, ride is still very bumpy and harsh, like very bad. I’ve been through 6 of those metal jugs of ahc fluid, followed every procedure on replacement, bleeding etc. no air in any corner after many many bleeds. It just feels like absolute crap. The other LX I drove felt like a dream, is my next option lexus dealer and hope for the best? The old globes are back on. They have no ruptured diaphragms. All were even at 2” into the membrane and held a ton of pressure. No leaks anywhere in the shocks, everything is dry. At a loss with this

Maybe a previous suspension shop tightened your suspension while it was not supporting the vehicle weight?

Maybe a previous suspension shop tightened your suspension while it was not supporting the vehicle weight?
Can you elaborate on this? Are you talking like an alignment? What exactly would be tightened? I’m just trying to figure this out to save my sanity at this point. I truly can’t believe a truck with low miles and no rust, no visual issues, nothing loose I’ve shaken everything I could put my hand on.

We have a big gap in the driveway and if you hit it one wheel at a time the truck rocks ridiculously like there’s no dampening, the ride on the road is wildly harsh, bumpy and jittery, I’m highly assuming it’s supsension related as I mess with it it’s been getting worse. The bleed procedure seems so easy I can’t understand what I am messing up if I am

So you have techstream so you can see the suspension computer?

Replaced globes at over 250k. They were fine but worn. No froth, clean fluid. New globes improved dampening, only realized after adding a stock wheel setup to judge. Also, you will need to cross balance the suspension, adjusting pressures etc. it’s not just globes that make a difference. I found a few sensors out of spec and once all was back to “stock” I could then judge performance. Globes are not a singular solution.

Replaced globes at over 250k. They were fine but worn. No froth, clean fluid. New globes improved dampening, only realized after adding a stock wheel setup to judge. Also, you will need to cross balance the suspension, adjusting pressures etc. it’s not just globes that make a difference. I found a few sensors out of spec and once all was back to “stock” I could then judge performance. Globes are not a singular solution.
Would love to check this all out, is there a spec list of how to do this? Posting screens below for AHC tech

So you have techstream so you can see the suspension computer?
Screens posted below of neutral, low and high

4BC54627-013E-4B8D-8005-B66067213DC8.jpeg

00093A4A-B61E-4C92-A740-8DBDC5B94D5B.jpeg

B3402F2D-19C7-40A6-9325-52740DB9B622.jpeg

22726A69-2392-4D6A-8CA2-3A8BF53750B8.jpeg

F9806161-7DAF-4399-9AA2-74E578343BCB.jpeg

Zero difference old globes vs new globes, ride is still very bumpy and harsh, like very bad. I’ve been through 6 of those metal jugs of ahc fluid, followed every procedure on replacement, bleeding etc. no air in any corner after many many bleeds. It just feels like absolute crap. The other LX I drove felt like a dream, is my next option lexus dealer and hope for the best? The old globes are back on. They have no ruptured diaphragms. All were even at 2” into the membrane and held a ton of pressure. No leaks anywhere in the shocks, everything is dry. At a loss with this
How are your tires?

Brand new, road force balanced because there was a vibration on the highway, I tested another LX with identical tires, drove amazing , tires are eagle gt II Goodyear, I was hoping it was tires too but the other truck drove amazing, same tire pressure also 33 psi all around
How are your tires?

Actively testing now to keep documentation
Comfort switch
Sport switch
Read on/off
Active test for damper step
I can feel less damper on level 1 on each corner and very still on level 16 each corner
Height solenoids all turn on and off, truck lowers then raised

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom